BA Cold weather gortex boot.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
I am tempted just to epoxy it back in after a removing the shiney surface and then just using them for dog walking and bimbling.
So far as decent walks and snow I would be gutted if they failed half way up a big hill and had to walk back down in a loose rubbing boot :(

No idea what to do now for a new pair. Anyone have any recommendations for a full leather boot thats hard wearing? Like the look of altberg but at £160 they are a bit over budget.

Put a roll of ducttape in your pocket and you'll be fine if it fails again:)

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Duck tape fail!? It's like "the force." It has a light side, and a dark side; and it holds the universe together.

Wish you could of told that lot in Geneva! They spent ages looking for the higs when all along it was the ducks. Poor buggers.

Last edited:

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Yeah a good artisan cobbler could fix that easily, but is it worth paying yet more money when the others risk pulling out too. You could try repairing it yourself by attaching a new hook onto a piece of thick leather then sew that over the hole. The stiches will of course have to come through the Goretex ,a rub with a candle will stop wicking ( no pun intended ) ........they may not be 100% waterproof after but at least you'll still have a wearable pair of boots at very little extra cost.

Good call!

Took it to my local Timpsons without much hope to be honest and £10 later,
IMAG1053.jpg

Happy man indeed. They picked out the leather and re-rivited and sewn it back up. Sterling job :)

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
These are the best boots I've ever owned got issued them for NI and used them on tours to NI, Falklands, Bosnia.

I'd give my right arm for a new pair of Size 8's

Took me a long time to find another pair of these. Ebay is your best bet and search well as sometimes they are not in the right sections.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE