B&M backscratcher

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Waiting to pay for more tindercards I noticed another novelty item for a quid at B&M, a telescopic back scratcher. So I indulged myself and when I got home had a good look at it.

The rubber handgrip slides off and the tubes are rather better made than I thought they would be. There's potential here for both a decent toasting fork and a fire blowing tube. The tubes a lot wider than a normal radio ariel / folding pointer and a plug in toasting fork end wouldn't be hard to knock up...

atb

tom

rorymax

Settler
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Interesting, must check that out.

How are the tindercards labeled, as in how do I describe them to store staff?

Thank you,

rorymax

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Here it is stripped down, the tube itself is 21 inches long when extended.

imagejpg1_zps75f65aa9.jpg

To remove the fork I just had to squeeze the forks neck with the wire cutters on a pair of standard pliers and pull it off.

folded its 6.5" by 10mm dia.

ATB

Tom

Mar 3, 2014
Australia
Hi mate,

I posted almost the exact same item on the bushcraft oz forum yesterday only difference was I keep the fork end it is now used to lift the lid off my zebra billy. Handy little item indeed. Strange I came across your post today.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE