Axe mask and axe collar

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
Hi all,

Thought I'd share a picture of an axe mask and collar I recently finished for my Gransfors Bruks small forest axe.

They're made from veg tan leather dyed dark brown and finished with some black edge braiding. I've tooled a compass into the collar and finished the mask with a mystery braid strap and a brass snap.

I'm happy with the end product except for the colour, but I think I'm going to make myself another, perhaps in a lighter brown.

Last edited:

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Very nice job indeed, I like it a lot..........the black edge binding really makes it stand out nicely and points up the shape; great work!.................atb mac

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
That's really nice, will admit not usually a big fan of collars on axes as they can hide damage, but if it's your axe and you know you've not dunted it it's cool. Definitely some beautiful work you've done there though. Like it a lot and you're bringing me 'round to your way of thinking.

GB.

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
Thanks, mate. I've always been reluctant to use an axe collar because they all seem to slip down the haft, but once I got 'round that problem it really was a practical addition.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE