AW/RM Woodlore

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Sparrowhawk

Sep 8, 2010
Huddersfield
*** WITHDRAWN ***

Hi all,
After much soul searching and heart wrenching I've decided to sell my beloved Alan Wood/Ray Mears Woodlore.
I bought this in 2000, before they started sending them out in nice presentation boxes.
It has seen plenty of use and has never let me down. It's by far and away the best tool I own and fits my hand perfectly. There is some damage to the butt end where there's a small dent in the wood. There's also a dent on the spine of the blade, but again very small.
It comes with a woodlore neck sheath with integral fire steel holder which is also well used and has a black stain on the back (no idea what it is or how it got there). I have added a little (fully removable) prosthetic to the sheath in order to use it as a belt sheath as well. You can see from the pics that it's a very simple design which just laces on and off. I will throw in the well used fire steel that it came with.

This knife has huge sentimental value for me, and so no amount of money will match it's true price...
But needs must, so I am asking £380.00, which includes postage of your choice.

Photo0477.jpg

Photo0479.jpg

Photo0480.jpg

DSC01441.jpg

DSC01442.jpg

DSC01458.jpg

DSC01443.jpg

I will leave this up for one week, after that I'll withdraw the knife from the sale and see how I feel.

All the best and thanks for looking.

Josh H

Last edited:

robevs73

Maker
Sep 17, 2008
llanelli
Dont do it Josh you will be sorry , I sold my old woodlore 7 years ago and immediatly regreted it! unbelivably I am getting it back on sunday!!!
You may not be so lucky, when its gone its gone (most of the time).

Sparrowhawk

Sep 8, 2010
Huddersfield
Thanks Rob, I know exactly what you mean. I have vacillated over this long enough, and unfortunately I need the money. It's an exercise in discipline and overcoming covetousness! I'm sure I will regret it, but at the end of the day I have other knives that will do the same job.
I appreciate the thought though buddy.

ATB

Sparrowhawk

Sep 8, 2010
Huddersfield
As promised I've added some pictures of the knife with the sheath, additional prosthetic and fire steel. I've also added some information about the condition of the knife.
Any questions please ask and any comments or concerns are very welcome. I'd hate for someone to miss out on this because they didn't ask.

All the best,

Josh H

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE