• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
So, I thought I would change my avatar to the funny looking owl from Pixar's Bounding short... I had the old one for about 4 years or so and it was due a change.

I tend to just see something that makes me smile and pick it. What's your avatar all about and why did you pick it?

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
I was always known as the absent minded professor in school.

That and I use this avatar on another forum, so it was handy when I needed one here.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Mine's from the South Park avatar maker thing that folks used yonks ago. Somehow mine stuck around ;)
It's supposedly based on the wee teacher, and in her hand you can just spot a wee knife :) The purple bunnet's a bit not me right enough, but the rest's kind of right :eek:

M

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Mine's a pic from 2007, the evening that England beat France in the Rugby world Cup semis (or was it the quarter-finals?). wife took the pic just after I'd completed several laps of the Arc De Triomphe, flying a rather large English flag from the back of the bike....................

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
British Red after the endangered squirrel. The squirrel is sort of my "animal identity" - they make nice warm homes, live in scattered family groups, are provident and store up food for the Winter :)

My avatar is pyrography on leather of a squiggel that Lindsay did for me

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
Mine is me in my old style gear of Norwegian rucksack, Swedish winter boots and repro German sniper smock. I don't do Camo gear generally but no one was bidding for it on ebay so I picked it up for a song and it fits over a fleece jacket really well and looks OK for the most part.

resnikov

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mine dates back to when I was in a online gaming clan in Australia playing battlefield 1942. Some other clan said something about us, our mothers and goats, so rather then let it get to us we embraced the goat as our clan symbol. So we all used goats as our avatars.

Someone else online offered to put the helmet on the goat and make it blink(cannot have animated gifs on here do don't use that one). It's stuck and its the only avatar I use. Recently got spotted as BCUK member on Twitter as they recognised my avatar.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE