• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Look,I know this is a bit crap of me but I realy do not know how to change my avatar pic!
What I am after is an old black and white photo of Jack Kerouac,maybe the one of him in his old check wool shirt and untied boots, sat down,to use as my avatar pic.
I realy,REALY do not have a clue! Just writing this with one finger has taken 5mins!
Anyone able to help!?
My thanks.
Chris

Leonidas

Settler
Oct 13, 2008
Briton
www.mammothblades.com
Look,I know this is a bit crap of me but I realy do not know how to change my avatar pic!
What I am after is an old black and white photo of Jack Kerouac,maybe the one of him in his old check wool shirt and untied boots, sat down,to use as my avatar pic.
I realy,REALY do not have a clue! Just writing this with one finger has taken 5mins!
Anyone able to help!?
My thanks.
Chris

Here you go

3742993229_c729206af2_o.jpg

It is only 4k in size so perfect for an Avatar.....
:)

Leonidas

Settler
Oct 13, 2008
Briton
www.mammothblades.com
1 - Copy the image to your PC, to do this place your mouse cursor over the image, press the right hand button on your mouse, a small list of options pops up, select 'Save image as'......
A new small window opens, just type the file name BCUKavatar (all one word).
You will see at the bottom of the small window where it says 'File name' ....the name already highlighted in the box (3742993229_c729206af2_o.jpg) will be over written with what you typed, do not worry this is normal.

Now you need to select where to save it.....save it to your 'Desktop' to do this select 'Desktop' on the far left hand side of the window
Now select 'Save' at the bottom right of the window.
We are saving to Desktop so it will be easy to find in the next steps...
PS - no specific reason for the file name I just like the bleedin obvious :)

2 - Make sure you are logged into BCUK then select the following link.
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/profile.php?do=editavatar

3 - At the bottom of the main screen select 'Use Custom Avatar'

4 - In the same area at the bottom select 'Choose File'

5 - A small window opens up, this is where you select the image file you wish to use. Depending on your computer this may go straight to the last directory your used....in any case you need to navigate to 'Desktop'......look on the left hand side of the small window it should list 'Desktop' select it.

6 - A list of items should be in the right hand side of the small window, select the file BCUKavatar.jpg then select 'Open' or 'OK' to select the avatar image.

7 - The small window will have closed....go back to your main screen where you selected custom avatar.

8 - Select 'Save Changes' at the bottom of your screen

9 - Post to a thread ot check a previous post and you should have a shiny avatar.

Followed the above to put my Avatar image online today.

Let me know how you get on :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE