Autumn watch. Early this year?

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Funnily enough, I was saying exactly the same thing myself just last week. Plenty of trees on the turn up here, and it does seem early.

pteron

Acutorum Opifex
Nov 10, 2003
Wiltshire
pteron.org
I noticed a few starting to change here too.

The evenings are certainly starting to feel autumnal. Loads of blackberries on the bushes still, though a couple of pounds less after my yesterday evening activities :)

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
We have even had our first mists to go with our mellow fruitfulness!
Autumn hits West Wales - without us having a summer!

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Posted this last year.
Was out the farm last weekend picking and the fruit was all in the same state so yeah, nearly a month earlier than last year.

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
I know we are pretty much in the same neck Gary but I too had noticed it feels more fall than summer in the Shire.

As for Autumn Watch - I hope it is earlier than Spring Watch was late - it was almost Summer Watch this year (or it certainly felt that way).

Floyd Soul

Forager
Jul 31, 2006
The woods, Ireland.
Its happening here in SE Ireland too, the leaves are all on their way out and the blackberries are ripening. Its the first day in ages where its been gloomy too. I'm looking forward to the wild weather but not the short days!

brancho

Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
autumn is on its way round here too.
Wayland summer landscape photos are for chocalate boxes in general atumn and winter are much better for landscapes.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
There are a few on the turn here but mainly stuff that seems to turn early like birch and chestnut. The equinox isnt far off and like wayland and others i love this time of the year, cold nights and misty frosty mornings. Oh and less bloodsucking bugs is always a winner !

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE