Autosocks Group Buy ( Possible Interest )

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Hi ,
Definitely one pair , maybe two ( upgrading car within the next 18 months so will check wheel sizes ) and maybe another when my Bro gets back to me .
Cheers , Trev .
PS We came too close to not making it home for the family celebrations that they are one of the things on my need to buy list .

My thoughts on them are that they are a useful Car prep to have tucked away in the Boot ( far smaller than Chains ) easy to put on and do they job, anything that can either stop you losing control of your car and causing and recieving exspensive damage is a good thing , and to allow one to get around for important task during the snow and ice.

Although we may suffer Snow and Ice on rare occasions in the UK , when we do suffer them we are mostly poorley prepared for it. Better to get a set now then attempt to locate a set on the day of the Blizzard.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Shewie , those Snow shovels , I'm sure I saw them as a point of sale item at either Homebase or B&Q in the last couple of weeks.

HTH.

< here you go big-boy >

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.j...OVEL&fh_eds=ß&fh_refview=search&isSearch=true

To be honest i did pick one up and have a quick play whilst waiting to be served , thoughts were that they were a good idea , nice to telescope away and chuck in the boot but ultimately a little flimsy and 'knocked out' for cost , for £10.00 I wouldn't expect much less and far better than nothing but I 'd like to see someone like FYGT get one and redesign it with more durable materials.

Last edited:

ParaWill

Oct 14, 2009
York
We were issued these for our ambulances and response cars over the bad weather last year. Have to say the one time I used them on an ambulance they worked perfectly!

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Well I'm sitting with my thumb up my .....................on my shoulder:p, so thought I'd pop a list together. I've only put numbers on those who sound definite, please feel free to update.

Teedee
shewie
nunzionuk
dangerous dan x2
geordie9
woof
v-ness
bardster
mike-e x2
spikey-da-pikey x2
Tony
paullyfuzz
stingray
spoony
trunks
ben trout x2
trev
man of tanith
atross
pandabean
rigel x2

cheers

R.B.

ps: just to support parawill, these things really are superb, within their limits. They are an excellent alternative to chains but no substitute for snow tyres imho and I've plenty of experience of driving with snow tyres, as every car I've owned (except the current one!:rolleyes:) had a spare pair of rims with M&S tyres fitted.

My next car, will, once again have a set of snow tyres waiting but I'll also be investing in the socks too, as they are amazing on sheet ice, not just snow.

Last edited:

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Teedee
shewie
nunzionuk
dangerous dan x2
geordie9
woof
v-ness
bardster
mike-e x2
spikey-da-pikey x2
Tony
paullyfuzz
stingray
spoony
trunks
ben trout x2
trev
man of tanith
atross
pandabean
rigel x2
Teepee

jamesc76

Dec 13, 2010
Nottingham
Teedee
shewie
nunzionuk
dangerous dan x2
geordie9
woof
v-ness
bardster
mike-e x2
spikey-da-pikey x2
Tony
paullyfuzz
stingray
spoony
trunks
ben trout x2
trev
man of tanith
atross
pandabean
rigel x2
Teepee
Jamesc76

Darkside

Forager
Nov 2, 2009
Aldershot, UK
Teedee
shewie
nunzionuk
dangerous dan x2
geordie9
woof
v-ness
bardster
mike-e x2
spikey-da-pikey x2
Tony
paullyfuzz
stingray
spoony
trunks
ben trout x2
trev
man of tanith
atross
pandabean
rigel x2
Teepee
Jamesc76
Darkside (poss 2)

Steve13

Native
May 24, 2008
Bolton
Teedee
shewie
nunzionuk
dangerous dan x2
geordie9
woof
v-ness
bardster
mike-e x2
spikey-da-pikey x2
Tony
paullyfuzz
stingray
spoony
trunks
ben trout x2
trev
man of tanith
atross
pandabean
rigel x2
Teepee
Jamesc76
Darkside (poss 2)
Steve 48

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
Certainly could be interested, usual thingys accepted of course.. lol 2 sets would perhaps be needed.. ;)

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Quick Bump -Have had a fruitful chat with a supplier with regards to being in a position to offer discount to all forum members via an purchase code via the website.

Will keep you posted. But may be wise to have a look to see what Autosocks Code relate to your Tyre size.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE