Australian kit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Prawnster

Jun 24, 2008
St. Helens
Aussie swag? Might be a bit big for getting home though:rolleyes:

One of those Auscam army buttpack shoulder bags that Ray Mears uses?

Hootchie?

Kakadu stuff is good I've got quite a few of their canvas shirts.

I'll try and think of more....

MikeE

Sep 12, 2005
Essex
Auscam poncho liners from Kitbag!
R**dy brilliant but expensive to get sent here.
Mike

Cogola

Apr 21, 2009
Western Australia
Blunnies are great boots but recently I've discovered the RM Williams Stockyard Boot. More expensive than the Blunnies but far more comfortable. Not as good as a proper set of RM's but cheaper. Maybe worth a look.

avalon

May 31, 2007
South Australia
As far as lightweight kit goes there isn't much here that you can't get hold of in the UK but when it comes to the big stuff, Australia is the place to bring your shipping container. Swags are great if you're staying close to your vehicle, off road trailers, off road camper trailers and even off road caravans with tougher suspension and good ground clearance are all easy to get hold of if you've got the dollars. Cast iron cooking gear is good for open fires and most tents are made largely of mosquito netting, so when it's not raining you can leave off the fly sheet and sleep in the open without getting eaten alive.

iano

Tenderfoot
Mar 17, 2010
Wales
Hootchie has got to be on the list. Not sure how it is different from a regular basha as I've never made acquaintance with one close up but they seem popular!

Probably a wool swandri and merino thermals from NZ too, they're not so far away after all.

And finally, to go with the hat, the blade:
crocodile-dundee-screenshot-you-call-that-a-knife11.jpg

Call that a knife?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE