Australian Cattle Dog (or Blue Heeler)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

chimpy leon

Jul 29, 2013
staffordshire
Charlie looks like he's gonna grow into a cracking dog. :)

I really would love to own a blue heeler but put off by hearing stories of their overwhelming urge to herd livestock. Which is not ideal for me because I live next to and walk my dogs in fields full of cows.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
I used to squander 6 weeks at a time at my summer beach house. Most days, everybody went down to the beach,
us geezers would sit in the shade and BS. My neighbor had a Blue Heeler. Got loose one day. Dog came down to the beach,
looking for his pack, I suppose.

Slowly but surely, that dog pushed all the little kids into a single group.

Alfredo

Settler
Oct 25, 2009
ITALY (ALPS)
Forgive me if I post so much pictures, but you seems to like Charlie's pics... :) In case just say "stop, please, mate!"

Charlie adore to run in the woods, I pick him up everyday, no matter the weather, for at least 2 hours
15ydv86.jpg

He want to follow us everywhere, including the bathroom :)
dn25g8.jpg

Also, he like to sleep just next to our feets, this is one of his favourite position ahahaha
344wnkw.jpg

Finally, Charlie like a lot to bite...well, everything...including my poor hands :)
30tmlub.jpg

Alfredo

Alfredo

Settler
Oct 25, 2009
ITALY (ALPS)
Now, that's Charlie today (103 days old). He's growing more and more of course. Now Charlie eat 3 meals per day (07:00AM, 12:00AM, 07:00PM), he's weight is 8,0 kilos now and he eat 400 grams per day (50% meat, 25% vegetables, 25% brown rice + 1 egg including the shell and some olive oil).
Charlie wake me up every morning at 04:15AM to go to the bathroom (errr..our small garden): you should set your watch on him! :) After that we play around for 1-2 minutes in the kitchen (hes' bedroom), this means he bite my hands softly and want some strokes. Than he go again to sleep until 06:30AM. In the meantime, I sleep on the sofa, because I don't want to disturb again my wife which is sleeping in our bedroom...that's my life for the moment fellows! :)
Anyway we are really happy with this puppy, he's a real cool companion.
I'm learning step by step what an ACD want: well, for sure he want at least 2-3 hours of REAL strong activities, I mean running and jumping and playing free around in the woods. A short walk with a leash is absolutely not enough for Charlie as an ACD, no matter the weather or temperature.
BTW, I have found a toy that Charlie seems to like more than the others he tried at home; hes a "fox", by Kong. Is fairly expensive (some 20USD or so), but he like a lot to play with, is a really robust stuff and also make a noise similar to "eeehhhh" when Charlie bite the body so is somehow interactive.
That's all folks for the moment, see you soon with Charlie and your own puppies (please post pics if you want!).
Oh let me know please if you like the paracord collar I made for Charlie!

j6h7vr.jpg

260bi8j.jpg

x3rpj.jpg

2czy61i.jpg

I think that is actually kelpies.

Kelpie
Australian-Kelpie-Dog-4.jpg

Dingo
images

I also remember reading that heelers have dingo blood in them....
but the same text also mentioned dalmatians as heeler ancestors-- for reasons of political correctness I will keep my opinion about dalmatians to myself but let's just say:heelers are dogs,intelligent, useful and don't stink. ( I guess thats why malcolm douglas seemed to like them,too?!)
dalmatians.......... so I doubt that part.
I just did a google search and dingos seem indeed one of the heelers ancestors:cool:

Arya

Settler
May 15, 2013
Norway
I also remember reading that heelers have dingo blood in them....
but the same text also mentioned dalmatians as heeler ancestors-- for reasons of political correctness I will keep my opinion about dalmatians to myself but let's just say:heelers are dogs,intelligent, useful and don't stink. ( I guess thats why malcolm douglas seemed to like them,too?!)
dalmatians.......... so I doubt that part.
I just did a google search and dingos seem indeed one of the heelers ancestors:cool:

Haha, thank you! Nice to know. You never know if my farrier was just trying to brag about his dog, about the Dingo blood.
I totally agree about the Dalmatians!

birchwood

Nomad
Sep 6, 2011
Kent
Have you guys seen the movie Red Dog ? Its an Aussie film about a red kelpie that roamed the Pilbara region of Western Australia.
Based on a true story. It's a fun watch.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE