Australian Cattle Dog (or Blue Heeler)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Alfredo

Settler
Oct 25, 2009
ITALY (ALPS)
Hello,

since a week, a puppy of ACD is part of my family, his name is Charlie
jrsjd0.jpg

This will be Charlie’s look when he will be adult
2he91lv.jpg

Any other fellows owners of an ACD here on BUK? I would like to know your experiences with this breed.

Many thanks from me and Charlie!

AD

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
i looked at heeler crosses a couple of decades back...some lads crossed them wi greyhounds as opposed to bull crosses. them never caught on even though i understand they are great dogs.

your pup looks full of natural character. ..

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
I lived with a dane for a while who used to breed them, even had his best stud shipped over from Oz. His name was ink (the dog) and he was such a gentle soul everybody who came in contact with him fell in love, absolutely brilliant temperment.

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Robust looking animals, well they would have to be.

in Ron Edwards seminal Bushcraft series of books there's drawings and instructions for making the chest armour harnesses the working dogs were fitted with as protection. If anyone wants copies PM me.

atb

tom

i like blue heelers better then red heelers colourwise- and blue heelers and jindo dog are my two favourite breeds of dog.... . some of my friends in gods own country have heelers (both blue and red);, i remember one of them a fist-sized puppy ten years ago, now he is full-grown... (i even forgave his mom for resting her head on my foot christmas six years ago, she was a gentle old soul and this was her way of showing affection to me (i sprained my ankle so it was a pit painful))

Alfredo

Settler
Oct 25, 2009
ITALY (ALPS)
Thank guys for the comments. Charlie is now 73 days old, and he came with me daily on my (short, no more than two hours, and slowly) hikes. He have a lot of fun, but at the end he's a bit tired and he like to rest next to my backpack. So for the moment he don't damage too much things at the house :) He also eat a lot: four meals per day!

1z6q13.jpg

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
They are good companions. Utterly faithful and intelligent.
Like a lot of working dog breeds it is essential that you always remain the boss.
I've seen the results of blue heelers not raised properly and it isn't pretty.

Arya

Settler
May 15, 2013
Norway
Lovely puppy!

Is it true that this breed contains Dingo blood? I was told, by someone who owns a dog of this breed, that at one point in the development of the breed they crossed them with Dingo´s to produce higher tolerance for changes in temperature.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE