Wanted Aussie cam tarp

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Fjellstorm

Jan 30, 2014
Kassel,Germany
Hey guys,

im really looking for a Aussie cam Ray Mears tarp. I hope someone would have one left and would sell it to me.

would be happy to hear from you!
Regards
Max

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Wow, I just found one that sold for £65. Like you, I can't find any available right now though. I'll have a look through my tarps, I do have an aus camo one, although I think it might be a poncho rather than a full tarp...

Reactions: CLEM

Fjellstorm

Jan 30, 2014
Kassel,Germany
Wow, I just found one that sold for £65. Like you, I can't find any available right now though. I'll have a look through my tarps, I do have an aus camo one, although I think it might be a poncho rather than a full tarp...
Thanks that would be great if you could have a look sir

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
So, it is a us camo tarp, I have no idea if it's a Ray Mears one, although it does look like it, do they have any defining features, or label?

Its windy here but this is a quick pic, it's also been rolled for a good while so creased.
It's in good condition, no holes etc...

Attachments

• austarp.jpg
    austarp.jpg
    417.2 KB · Views: 33
Reactions: S7eve and CLEM

S7eve

Feb 3, 2021
West Sussex
Nice find Fjellstorm. I too have been hunting for one of these since one came up recently for sale....they appear to be rare as hens teeth!

If anyone else has one they are looking to move on then please DM me.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Bog standard Aussie army hootchie.

A Google on Auscam Hootchie gets you a lot of hits, both surplus and new.

The hard one to find is the O.P. Group version which is bigger, I never managed to find one myself. They have been on issue since the 1960s except the earlier versions were plain dark olive green and not AUSCAM. The old British jungle basha was the same as their green version, made by the same people in Oz. I sold my 1966 dated one when I got rid of all my Aus M1956 equipment last year. I've kept the Auscam one although the Camo is a bit bright for Northern Europe. Never the less a excellent but of kit.

Good hunting!

ATB

Tom

ATB

Tom

Reactions: S7eve

S7eve

Feb 3, 2021
West Sussex
Yep I too found you could get loads of Aus Camo kit from down under suppliers but the trouble is it then cost you the earth to get it sent on to the uk. I just love that AUSCSM though!

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
PPS note there's about two Au$ to the pound right now.

To be honest I'd swap my Auscam one for something bigger new, I'd have to check it was in as good condition as I remember it is.

Just dug it out and it looks pretty much unused. Dated 1998 stores code 8465-66-135-2513. Single piece construction. The only marks i can see are little white specks on the inside where what ever seam sealant they ran over the hems and hard points. Oh and on the inside a bit arrow stamp.

Anybody wants it ill swap it for a minty DD 4 x 4 or bigger.

ATB

Tom

S7eve

Feb 3, 2021
West Sussex
PPS note there's about two Au$ to the pound right now.

To be honest I'd swap my Auscam one for something bigger new, I'd have to check it was in as good condition as I remember it is.

Just dug it out and it looks pretty much unused. Dated 1998 stores code 8465-66-135-2513. Single piece construction. The only marks i can see are little white specks on the inside where what ever seam sealant they ran over the hems and hard points. Oh and on the inside a bit arrow stamp.

Anybody wants it ill swap it for a minty DD 4 x 4 or bigger.

ATB

Tom
I’ve tried to PM you Tom but the forum won’t let me for some reason??...if you’ve got a tarp the same as in this thread (old school butter bean Aus camo) I’d be interested to buy dependant on condition. Please PM me....Steve

Apologies for highjacking your thread Fjellstorm.

kram245

Tenderfoot
Aug 4, 2006
suffolk
Bog standard Aussie army hootchie.

A Google on Auscam Hootchie gets you a lot of hits, both surplus and new.

The hard one to find is the O.P. Group version which is bigger, I never managed to find one myself. They have been on issue since the 1960s except the earlier versions were plain dark olive green and not AUSCAM. The old British jungle basha was the same as their green version, made by the same people in Oz. I sold my 1966 dated one when I got rid of all my Aus M1956 equipment last year. I've kept the Auscam one although the Camo is a bit bright for Northern Europe. Never the less a excellent but of kit.

Good hunting!

ATB

Tom

ATB

Tom
Yes Tom the old Aussie plain green bashas were issued to us in Belize in the 1980s.i have a modern jelly bean camo one and it definitely feels smaller than I remember the OG versions

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

lou1661

Jul 18, 2004
Hampshire
Yes Tom the old Aussie plain green bashas were issued to us in Belize in the 1980s.i have a modern jelly bean camo one and it definitely feels smaller than I remember the OG versions

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
I have a couple, without opening them up, there can't be that much difference between the two, they fold to the same size. I will try and remember to open them and compare next week.
236565100_10158460787468412_5818888294981661545_n.jpg

I seem to remember that there was either a group buy or they were in the forum shop, but that was a long time ago!

S7eve

Feb 3, 2021
West Sussex
I’m not sure now if Max ( Fjellstorm ) has secured one of these or not now. I thought he had this morning but maybe not?? I’m also not sure who’s selling one now or not??

Not wishing to tread on anyone’s toes here.

I’ll put up my own wanted ad. Cheers

Steve

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE