Aussie basha

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

kram245

Tenderfoot
Aug 4, 2006
suffolk
As someone mentioned the older OG ones are also good but they tend to fetch stupid money as they get snaffled up by collectors etc....Another one to look out for is the NZ issue one.... It's identical to the AU one in design....

My issue OG one died as I used it as a tarp on a roof rack heading down to France one year. Started noticing kit flying off the roof.Pulled over to find the basha ripped and all the waterproof coating gone, so it was just like a limp peice of thin nylon material! They used to seem huge, be interested in the actual dimensions of the old issue Aussie OG ones. The DPCU ones are a great bit of kit, but i find them a bit small, especially if using a hammock.

treefrog

Aug 4, 2008
South Yorkshire
We bought one of those and we have the Woodlore ones too they are not the same as the ones Mearsey sells. Guess who has to use the rubbish one

Had mine a while and can't call the quality of them rubbish. Unless the standard of the new ones has taken a nose dive :(

Danceswithhelicopters

Sep 7, 2004
Scotland
What about the new UK army ones in the new MTP camouflage? They are starting to appear on the bay and I find the pattern very subtle and less army looking than DPCU or DPM.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

mrcairney

Settler
Jun 4, 2011
West Pennine Moors
I always thought the the British and the Aussie basha/hootchie was the same, in size, material and attachment placements. Just that one has jellybeans on. Isn't that the case?

BillyBlade

Settler
Jul 27, 2011
Lanarkshire
I have the new MTP UK basha, it's a very slight factory second (not stolen!) as the seam stitching isn't straight and it's a great pience of kit. Leaps and bounds better than the old design. Well recommended.

BillyBlade

Settler
Jul 27, 2011
Lanarkshire
From a friend who deals in stock like that, slight seconds, overstocks, returned gear, all that. He does everything from mil surplus to kitchen cabinets and even car spares once.

As I say, mine is a slight second, but that was because it has just over a cm of stitching that wasn't straight, it was banana shaped off track then came back to a striaght line again. You can draw your own conclusions whether that would bother you :)

If you want, I can ask when i see him next if he still has any.

Large Sack

Settler
May 24, 2010
Dorset
Probably not that bad when they are the sole supplier in the UK for it, plus they will pay the same taxes as you on there orders, I would have thought?

OK so not sure if it's exactly the same manufacturer, but Endicotts were selling them earlier this year for about £55. TBH I would have thought that Woodlore would have been able to secure a better wholesale price than the same retail price as any of us from AUS....just smacks a little of profiteering. However, in response to an earlier post re quality versus Woodlore's, I have 2 of the bashas from Kitbag and they are top quality items. Better than DD in my opinion and they come with quality fittings and stitching...so don't know where yours came from but I don't think it came from Kitbag.

Cheers
sack

EmmaD

Forager
Feb 27, 2011
South Staffs
Better than DD in my opinion and they come with quality fittings and stitching...so don't know where yours came from but I don't think it came from Kitbag

The same people that are linked to here. So yes they are from Kitbag. They are not rubbish, that was a dig at my other halfs ability to keep the good stuff for himself and give me his cast offs. They are not the same quality as the Woodlore one though, and even I can tell the difference between the two and I know nothing about stuff like this.

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
just smacks a little of profiteering..
I always thought that profiteering was selling goods that people couldn't do without at an exorbitantly inflated price when they had no other choice of vendor..Clearly folk can do without pretty much all of the stuff Woodlore sell and you have a myriad of choices of both kit and alternative vendors...So it's pointless giving Woodlore a hard time.

bushcraftbob

Settler
Jun 1, 2007
Oxfordshire
I bought one from kitbag about 4 months ago and they seem very robust as well as being very light.

It does differ slightly from the Woodlore one, the colour of the camo pattern seems to be a bit more bright and vibrant than the woodlore one, but at almost a third of the price i dont really care.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE