Augmented Tarpology - 2 Bilmo micro tarps and a dd tarp

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Soooooo.

I nearly purchased a superfly. Nearly. My hammock is a very long one, a tw super xl and my dd 3x3 just wasn't quite long enough in bad weather pitched Square. I wanted, needed more coverage.

Bilmo-p5 of this parish to the rescue. (Of my bank balance)

I commissioned him to make me two simple micro tarps. These come in very useful as small groundsheets, gear covers and bush umbrellas but the main use I had in mind was this:

ebyvyvap.jpg

Augmented Dd hammock in Bishop bag

e3y6e8ed.jpg

Ready to deploy

qa7y5e2u.jpg

And setup best I can I the garden. The micro tarps provide perfect extended protection for the ends of my hammock allowing me to avoid the windier triangle pitch for the square pitch I prefer.

Top job and the micro tarps simply unclip for loads of other uses around camp. Saved me a ton of cash.

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
Not bad idea, Like the way it attaches easily to the points in the DD. You could have just got a larger tarp but I like this way as its modular :)

You would have loved the Superfly though if you had took the plunge, Awesome bit of kit once you have it bling'd up with shock cords for guys/pullouts etc. Just love how much it weights/pack size compared to how big/functional it is :)

Last edited:

mountainm

Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Not bad idea, Like the way it attaches easily to the points in the DD :)

You would have loved the Superfly though if you had took the plunge, Awesome bit of kit once you have it bling'd up with shock cords for guys/pullouts etc. Just love how much it weights/pack size compared to how big/functional it is :)

I'm sure I would but couldn't justify a ton on something I use 4 times a year.

mountainm

Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Neat idea, especially as it save carrying a tarp twice the size for only a few feet extra cover.

That was the basic premise really. My tarp does cover my hammock but the ends of the hammock are very near the outer edge. This setup gives me a couple of 'eyebrows' to keep the water out without adding substantially to weight as I only need cover at the ridgeline.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE