Auger

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.
I’m trying to find a “Bushcraft”, Outdoor, Hand tool way of making a flute. I can make them out of most things but thus far if I want to make flute from a branch thus far I need power tools.
I need to get down 225mm from one end and about 60 down the other end leaving a 20mm blockage. This would be a 20mm bore in a 30 - 35mm dia branch.
The 1N traditional way is to split and scrape and I think that’s where I’m headed.
Get yourself a Medieval Recorder pipe auger/drill from Dave Budd.

The ones he has listed are 8-10mm wide but if you speak to him I'm pretty he can do one that will drill the 20mm you need
 
  • Like
Reactions: ManFriday4

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE