Attaching a yoke to PLCE Side pockets

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Now, yah see it all works out.

I suspect I am of a size with ArkAngel (although I absolutely refuse to wiggle).

Got the yoke set up okay (with the aid of Batfinks instructions), but whoever designed these things need to understand that we don't all "follow the yellow brick road". So took gregorachs advice and added a set of extension straps. Result! Lovely adjustable, comfy fit. Photos available of how to stick it all together if anyone else ever struggles (although if you follow Batfinks instructions and figure the extension straps out for yourself it aint hard)

Red

Surveyor

Sep 28, 2005
London
I have the pockets for myself, and know the use for the female clips.
Just out of curosity, can anyone tell me what the male clips at the top of the side pockets are for?
Thanks in advance,
Jed

robadams

Forager
Aug 19, 2004
Hampshire
by connecting the male & female clips a single pouch can be connected to the yoke via the 2 webbing loops at the top of the yoke.

Rob

Batfink

Forager
Jul 18, 2004
Newbury, Berks, UK
www.alexpye.net
robadams said:
by connecting the male & female clips a single pouch can be connected to the yoke via the 2 webbing loops at the top of the yoke.
Just to clarify Rob's comment - they are for connecting the PLCE Side pouches to the Webbing Yoke - rather than the side pouch yoke (which has PLCE QR clips on it already!).

dpwsh2ux500a.jpg

You poke the male clips (or female... whichever!) under the webbing on loops, and then it's partner over the top - forming a loop around the loop. It's relatively secure - although the QR clips are notoriously weap and fragile - if there is a weakness in them, you'll suddenly find your side pouch hanging off you at a funny angle!

(I hate the way that "webbing" has "webbing" on it - it just confuses the whole issue!)

commandocal

Nomad
Jul 8, 2007
UK
Do you guys actually use your webbing for camping?

I have an OG PLCE set and have attached the side pockets to the back and basically now i can fit all i need for a 2 day or overnight camp in it..and i dont even have a crusader mug or cooker!, I would wear it but try not to look military because you always get those looks if your walking through the woods like "wannabe rambo there" or the occasional person with no respect screaming "ey up soldier!" :aargh4:

Oh and red if your bothered, or for future incase any one looks at this thread i can post a picture of how i attached both side pockets securly to the webbing yoke:notworthy :aargh4:

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Thanks Cal but I only wanted to use my PLACE side pockets as a daysack having dumped my larger Sabre when pitching camp. With Ark Angel and Batfinks assistance this now part of my every day kit and well used. I don't use any webbing as such - my knife and possibles pouch are my belt kit!

Red

Can i also recommend the Medic Side pouches instead of the std ones

medical_pouch_01.jpg

as the whole side zips round like a suitcase you can accesss everything with out delving down or unpacking from the top plus it has the handy Elasitic loops on one side for bits Pens, Clipper, Spoon knife 35mm film canisters etc a handy clear wallet for maps documents or what ever etc and a nice carry strap to use as a Hand bag :D plus it fits the Yoke system

I use one on one side and a std pouch on the other

ATB
Duncan

Last edited by a moderator:

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh

Yeah, a bit... Maybe I'm just disorganised, but I always find that I'm forever leaving stuff lying around, or I end up jamming loads of stuff in the cargo pockets of my trousers until I can barely walk. A minimal webbing set goes a long way towards solving both problems at once. Bug repellent, tinder pouch, KFS, mug, water bottle, whetstone, etc, etc, etc... It's all got a proper place now.

sheepdogbob

Sep 14, 2007
I know I'm an old ba..codger, but '58 webbing was a lot easier than all this fandango!

The easiest way I've come across is to put everything into a big 'sack; the cooker & fuel in the side pokets.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Still there - the link has changed though

These are the side pocket instructions

The webbing ones are here

:sorrysorry:

Red

Last edited by a moderator:

phaserrifle

Nomad
Jun 16, 2008
South of England

Not anymore, couple of reasons: one, it was more of a hinderance than a help, because i never could get it set up to my preferences AND two, it made me look like a complete wally, and did nothing for the girls (which is the main reason I finaly stopped)
Not to be compleately discouraged, I still carry far to much on my belt........

Jan 9, 2009
Merseyside
Theres two types of yokes, The webbing yoke for the PLCE webbing and the Daysack yoke for the day sack.
sounds like you need the daysack yoke with the quick release clips attatched to it, you'll also need the 2 straps to attatch onto the yoke going to the bottom of the pouches. ALSO can differ if you have dpm or o/g pouches as the dpm have extra male clips (to attatch onto the webbing yoke).

sapper1

Feb 3, 2008
swansea
Feed the waist belt trough the loops on the back of the single pouch,DON'T attach the clipsas these are what the shoulder straps attach to.The waist belt stabilises the bottom of a single pouch,if you don't use the waist belt around your waist, just wrap it around the pouch.

BOD

Feed the waist belt trough the loops on the back of the single pouch,DON'T attach the clipsas these are what the shoulder straps attach to.The waist belt stabilises the bottom of a single pouch,if you don't use the waist belt around your waist, just wrap it around the pouch.

Thanks for that. Managed to work it out a while after the post.

Just an old man befuddled by new inventions

:eek:

Ash

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE