Assault vest mesh

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
Hiya, I have a project in mind. I have a ribz vest that I love the pouches of, sadly the shoulder straps are pants. I wondered if I can get hold of the assualt vest mesh, make a gilet/waistcoat thing and attach the ribz pouches?
Any thoughts?
my concern is how to whip or finish the edges so it looks tidy and prevents any fraying?
And whether I'm going to have a failure on my hands.

I have thought of butchering a vest for the bits but don't know if the mesh comes down behind the cordura pouches. I've also looked at the molle vests but don't want it to look to tactical. Also, have looked at the old Bren gunners vest, there's one on eBay now for 275 quid that shows a good minimal gilet type layout, that could work as a design idea. Or a american survival vest if I could find one.

Last edited:

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
What about looking for an old shotgun shooters mesh vest?

They have hooooooooge pockets for carrying cartridges too.

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
What about looking for an old shotgun shooters mesh vest?

They have hooooooooge pockets for carrying cartridges too.
Yeah I already got a country covers shooting vest, is really good but quite long and does get used for shooting and its a bit heavy for using on the trail. Has padded shoulders which are quite weighty.
thats the sort of thing tho your quite right, just the ribz need to sit above the rucksack belt on chest.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE