Asado en el cuero

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Wow! - would make a change from a hangi at the moot this year - wathca reckon Tone?

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Thanks for that, most impressive. :)

This reminded me of a description in one of Cormac McCarthy's 'Border Trilogy' books of the Mexican Charro (cowboys) flaying a cow to produce a sheet of meat. :)

"...I've seen them vaqueros worked for Blair cut a yearling heifer so thin you could see through the meat. They'd bone one out damn near in one long sheet. They'd hang the meat on poles all the way around the fire like laundry and if you come up on it at night you wouldnt know what it was. It was like lookin through somethin and seein its heart. They'd turn the meat and mend the fire in the night and you'd see em movin around inside it. You'd wake up in the night and this thing would be settin out there on the prairie in the wind and it would be glowin like a hot stove. Just red as blood..."

All the Pretty Horses - Cormac McCarthy

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE