Article: TBS Knives - The Boar Bushcraft knife Livefire Edition

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

leaky5

Maker Plus
Jul 8, 2014
Basildon
Great review. I really like TBS, the shop and the staff. Not been down to the new shop yet, I know if I go down there with money burning a hole in my pocket, this is the sort of thing that will probably end up coming back with me.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
The TBS website scares my wallet enough without visiting the shop - great kit and great service! It is going to be my first port of call on any gear searches in future....

leaky5

Maker Plus
Jul 8, 2014
Basildon
Always worth a check of their bargin section of the Web site, some good stuff comes up there now and again

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Fraxinus

Settler
Oct 26, 2008
Canterbury
Nice review John. I got the s/s Boar DC4 and dangler version for my recent birthday and am very pleased with it.
Is the Live Fire tin about the same size as a DC4? Thinking I might get one and swap twixt the two.

Rob.

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Nice concise review John thanks, i've eyed up the TBS Boar many times n never realised they were 5mm thick, i think when i eventually buckle i'll grab a curly birch or Turkish walnut handled version. I've never been a big fan of the sheaths with attachments but i do like the look of the multi carry version with the dc4 and firesteel but i imagine them catching on clothing and trees n shrubbery etc if i had it attached to my belt

Totumpole

Native
Jan 16, 2011
Cairns, Australia
Great review John, thanks! Does look like a great knife at a fairly affordable price. Quite like the look of the Live Fire as an emergency firelighting back up too.

Tomteifi

Nomad
Jan 22, 2016
Carmarthenshire, South Wales
I saw Johns TBS knife kit and was impressed by the quality and style and ordered a similar one a few weeks later; the turkish walnut and livefyre variant. Superb, could not fault it. I put it away and didn't look at it for a week, having taken the knife from the sheath and stored it separately; although there's no need I suppose as its stainless steel anyway. Then replaced it, went on a meet weekend only to be disappointed when, after removing the livfyre tin, turning the sheath over and opening the Velcro straps-then I noticed a broken thread on the sheath stitching!
Have photo'd it and sent an e-mail to TBS so like me, you no doubt will be interested in their reply-watch this space. Still have not even so much as shaved a bl**dy matchstick with it yet(note to self, when you do, put a glove on, a knifeproof glove that is!)

Last edited:

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
Nice review John. I got the s/s Boar DC4 and dangler version for my recent birthday and am very pleased with it.
Is the Live Fire tin about the same size as a DC4? Thinking I might get one and swap twixt the two.

Rob.

I've got a live fire tin, if you remind me, I can bring it to the pub on Tuesday.

J

K813ZRA

May 1, 2015
Spain
Nice review, I have been waiting to see some reviews on this knife! I'm wanting to pull the trigger on one but when you convert it from Quid to USD the price gets even more scary, lol. Should pick one up before I leave the EU.

Tomteifi

Nomad
Jan 22, 2016
Carmarthenshire, South Wales
I saw Johns TBS knife kit and was impressed by the quality and style and ordered a similar one a few weeks later; the turkish walnut and livefyre variant. Superb, could not fault it. I put it away and didn't look at it for a week, having taken the knife from the sheath and stored it separately; although there's no need I suppose as its stainless steel anyway. Then replaced it, went on a meet weekend only to be disappointed when, after removing the livfyre tin, turning the sheath over and opening the Velcro straps-then I noticed a broken thread on the sheath stitching!
Have photo'd it and sent an e-mail to TBS so like me, you no doubt will be interested in their reply-watch this space. Still have not even so much as shaved a bl**dy matchstick with it yet(note to self, when you do, put a glove on, a knifeproof glove that is!)

Update: After a couple of dodgy e-mailed photos and an explanation by me of the broken thread, TBS have agreed to replace the complete sheath. Its been sent to them today.

jaffcat

Nomad
Sep 26, 2012
Hertford
I have one on there EDC Boar folders.....Brilliant, I've even battened with it!!!!!!! I am a regular to the shop, which has just been expanded, great staff and Andy is always willing to help.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE