Article: sugru

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rod Paradise

Oct 16, 2008
Upper Nithsdale, Dumfriesshire
I do like this. This will be like tape or blue tac. An essential in every house.

It's great stuff, I've a few things mended with it last year still going strong - BUT the fact that it has a use by date and you don't get a great length of time to use it by means that it isn't ready to be a drawer staple just yet IMHO.

Edit - the use it by is covered in the article - and the tip to keep it in the fridge is a new one on me - so I'll do that with the sugru I just bought.

Last edited:

Dark Horse Dave

Apr 5, 2007
Surrey / South West London
An excellent review as ever John.

Mike5000 was using some of this stuff on the handles of his crusader mug at the September Sussex Group meet, and as I recall thought it very effective. It certainly moulded to the shape well, was unobtrusive and stood up to use over the fire.

(That Finnish knife by the way; is that the curiously and inappropriately-named sissipukko? Looks great!)

Dave-the-rave

Settler
Feb 14, 2013
minsk
I saw Mike's cup too. The Sugru would have been excellent around the outside rim to prevent burning the lips. I keep meaning to get round to it.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I have , since writing the review used sugru to insulate the handles on one of my Crusader mugs. As I have never found the rim to get too hot I have not done that but if - as with some metal mugs - you feel the need for rim insulation , sugru is the boy for the job!

Lou

Settler
Feb 16, 2011
the French Alps
twitter.com
I ordered some a while back and used it for the handle of a metal cooking pot lid and it is fantastic. I initially found out about Sugru through the story behind its creation and bought some because it was so inspiring and the inventor went to the same college as me ;) I also used it to replace three of my daughter's monster high doll's fingers which had been chewed off by one of our house rabbits. Mixing the red and white together produced a great skin pink colour. if you keep it in the fridge it stays fresh for much longer. I also used it for covering a computer cable which had spilt apart.

Turnstone

Apr 9, 2013
Germany
Sugru now has a shelf-life of about 12 months (unopened), tripple that time if you keep it in the fridge!
I got my first packets of Sugru a couple of days ago and I love it!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE