Article: Snugpak: Endurance Rucksack

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Many thanks for a really useful review of what looks to be a great and versatile pack. Does it have any frame to speak of - internal aluminium or a supportive framesheet or something of that nature - or is it just down to the well-padded back?

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
There is no frame or framesheet - just foam padding of different densities which give both padding and some stiffness.

Hilly

Aug 2, 2013
Corby
John, how did you find the placement of the hip belt? Other reviews often mention that it's placed a little too high making it more of a waist belt and repositions the load incorrectly away from the hip bone! Thanks, Hilly

Last edited:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I am quite short, with a short back and it place the load correctly on the top of the iliac crest for me - especially if the top of the shoulder was correctly adjusted. It is also referred to as a waist belt - not a hip belt - and as such may not be seen as a load bearer but a "swing containment system" for those with long backs...
I imagine that a lot of users will be military, wearing webbing and that the pack will ride above these and the belt would be worn above the hips.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Will you be having another assessment of the pack after a little while? I'd be interested to see how it holds up in the longer run.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I have measured this - 49cm!
I do not understand why you want it to be different - it is what it is!

Last edited:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
OK - I think I see your problem - you are trying to equate the 49cm with the total height of the pack - not its main compartment.
The main compartment comes to just about the level of the elastic hem of the lid in the photos. The sides of the lid are 11cm high and the top pocket is 8cm tall - add that together and a height of 68cm from the base to the top of the pack ... not far of your 70cm.
However the height of the pack main compartment is still 49cm.
If you count the rows of Molle webbing and gaps between the webbing you will see that this confirms the 49cm measurement and you do not have to mis-calculate from my height!

Last edited:

janso

Dec 31, 2012
Penwith, Cornwall
Just re-read my post; John it sounded like a dig at people under 6'! Sorry mate, it wasn't!

Sent from my hidey hole using Tapatalk... sssh!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I did not read it that way :)
The fact is - it suits me at 5'5".. it may not fit you over-grown freaks of 6' so well:)
But the adjustment possible at the top of the shoulders will help you out... I had very little of the strap deployed :)

Sep 20, 2014
Leeds
I used a Snugpak RocketPak for a while. a full load felt like I was carrying a sack of potatoes on my back. Using Karrimor SFs now. Have you tried Karrimor SF Sabre?...if so, how does Snugpak Endurance compare?

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I used a Rocket pack for a number of years and found it excellent and very comfortable if packed well and set up to fit properly.
I have not tried a small Karrimor SF pack but the 75 litre one was pretty good too.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE