Article: FJALLRAVEN: VINTAGE 20

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mountainwalker

Forager
Oct 30, 2008
Sydney
Thanks for the review. I really like the look of this pack however I am concerned about the durability of the g 1000 material and it's ability to resist tearing if snagged on a branch etc. I have never encountered any Fjallraven products in Australia, so have no idea what this material feels like although I know from this forum that the gear appears to be high quality.My other option is a Duluth wanderer pack, which is very durable, but being old school in every respect probably not half as comfortable. Dilemma, dilemma...

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I have been using the Vintage 20 since 2007 - on an almost daily basis - and have had no tearing, wearing out or any other problems concerning the fabric of the bag - pretty robust IMHO :)

Bigrich

Jan 26, 2011
Malvern
I would agree with Non Such about the G1000 material with regards to clothing. With limited use in the woods I have found that material tears relatively easily if caught on something.

They are nice and light but if the tears hadn't been on the areas where there is double material they would've been useless after a second camp out.

Rich

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
There have been queries raised about the more recent examples of G1000 fabric on other threads on the site ...all I can say is that the stuff I have had (2007 or earlier) has never seen a tear - except when I slashed a pair of trousers while flint knapping!
I have found the fabric hardwearing and outlastng the sewing of the main seat seam in a pair of trousers in g1000 by several sewings... perhaps I sit down too much :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE