Article: An an iron fish to help with anemia

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mike313

Nomad
Apr 6, 2014
South East
Very interesting article. Years ago I got rid of our aluminium pots & pan due to articles I read about the alleged links between aluminium intake and Alzheimers. I replaced them with stainless steel. In recent years we have bought three heavy cast iron pans. Hence my question - the benefits of cooking with the iron fish - I wonder if the same benefits apply if you cook in ironware?

Geebe

Tenderfoot
Dec 19, 2012
Dublin
Very interesting article. Years ago I got rid of our aluminium pots & pan due to articles I read about the alleged links between aluminium intake and Alzheimers. I replaced them with stainless steel. In recent years we have bought three heavy cast iron pans. Hence my question - the benefits of cooking with the iron fish - I wonder if the same benefits apply if you cook in ironware?

"Dr Charles had a novel idea. Inspired by previous research which showed that cooking in cast iron pots increased the iron content of food, he decided to put a lump of iron into the cooking pot, made from melted-down metal."
:)

Mike313

Nomad
Apr 6, 2014
South East
"Dr Charles had a novel idea. Inspired by previous research which showed that cooking in cast iron pots increased the iron content of food, he decided to put a lump of iron into the cooking pot, made from melted-down metal."
:)

Oops! Missed that bit!

Braidsta

Forager
Jul 29, 2013
Essex
500px.com
Back to drop off some feedback, the iron fish has been used extensively in cooking and my sis hasn't had the symptoms she has lived with for a long time, she has been able to reduce her iron meds from the doctor since using it. No scientific studies or anything, just our observations. Good stuff.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Good news. For the most part, cooking in cast iron doesn't seem trendy. Cared for, seasoned iron pans are non-stick.
Last night, veggies in one wok and cinnamon pork in another wok. Lots of scraping = lots of iron. Hot water rinse.

However, the Iron Fish seems an excellent source for an essential nutrient.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE