Article: 4 Day trip report - Inverpolly, April 2015.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BushBerks

Jun 19, 2015
Berkshire
Brilliant post! Love the photos!!

I've often wondered about pulling a tarp over a rock.. How tough are they? I worry that the tarp would tear if the wind started pulling it enough to cause friction on the rock..

Scott

DocG

Dec 20, 2013
Moray
A really marvellous write up - thanks for sharing it. I now have another route to add to my list.

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
Brilliant post! Love the photos!!

I've often wondered about pulling a tarp over a rock.. How tough are they? I worry that the tarp would tear if the wind started pulling it enough to cause friction on the rock..

Scott

Scott,

The tarp is pretty tough anyway (it's the Tatonka polycotton one), but I padded the sharp bits of the rock with my spare trousers. Due to the wind, I had the tarp pulled very taut too, so there was very little movement.

Cheers, Michael.

Stevie777

Native
Jun 28, 2014
Strathclyde, Scotland
Cant beat going for a walk with a canoe.. :lmao:

Seriously...looks like a fantastic trip mate. And well done getting the head down and cracking on in a true wilderness explorer stylee.

nic a char

Settler
Dec 23, 2014
scotland
Outstanding - your pics are excellent.
Note the weather folks...
Always check rainfall/weather charts to get the truth, as opposed to the "national" weather reports and forecasting...

nic a char

Settler
Dec 23, 2014
scotland
Splendid scenery, weather, pix, and report!
Always check historic & average rainfall charts before you plan trips folks - they tell the truth, unlike "our national" weather forecasts and reports...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE