Arran Distillery - Devil's Punchbowl

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ecoman

Sep 18, 2013
Isle of Arran
www.HPOC.co.uk
I have been let down by a so called reputable trader. I will not name, names as I don't believe in burning bridges etc.

However, my wife has started to collect limited edition and rare whiskeys. Back in the summer she went up to the distillery in Lochranza and saw that they had a few remaining bottles of the original Devils Punch Bowl in a presentation box. She didn't have enough money on her at the time, so she went back a few days later to find they had sold out completely. Needless to say she was gutted as they only produced 6660 bottles of the first run.

I rang a whiskey dealer at the beginning of December who said he would guarantee to be able to find a bottle for me as they are still pretty common and I gave him a generous budget, more than enough to cover the current going rate, finders fee and auction fees. He rang me a few weeks later telling me he had found a bottle in its original and undamaged presentation case. I paid his price and he said he would pack it and ship it to me in time for Xmas. I rang him up today as I was getting concerned it had not arrived and I had heard nothing from him and he told me he had refunded my credit card for the full amount as he had managed to sell the whiskey to another one of his customers for a better price! WHAT?????!!!!!:tapedshut

Needless to say I'm not a happy bunny today and I have well and truly spat my dummy out. I have spent most of the morning desperately trying to find a bottle myself but to no avail. The closest I can find are bottles in the US but I wouldn't see them this side of Hogmanay.

If anyone knows the whereabouts of a bottle of Devil's Punchbowl whiskey or you have a bottle to sell I would be happy to negotiate a deal with you. Failing that I will just have to either do the online auctions or order from the US:(

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Google shopping seems to bring up a couple of UK suppliers that stock it.
Poor show from your dealer

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
Ironic coming across this thread as I've just been trying to find out the best place to sell a vintage bottle of malt and an unusal minature (no longer allowed on ebay apprently!).

Sorry neither is Devils Punchbowl :(

As Dwardo says, very poor behaviour, don't know the legalities of it, but by you paying, was there some form of contract?

Good luck with your quest Ecoman!

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
Theres a spirit grocer in Crieff that has lots of odd whiskey. If I'm up that way on Mon I'll have a look.

Ecoman

Sep 18, 2013
Isle of Arran
www.HPOC.co.uk
Thanks Scoman that would be kind of you. I will make it worth your while as after all I would have to pay a dealer a finders fee! lol

I hear what your saying Dogoak but it would be my word against his as all correspondence was done over the phone. He could say he broke the bottle or was let down by a supplier or something. Too much grief to persue and life's too short :( Incidentally, What whiskey do you want to sell?

Dwardo, There are many retailers selling the DPB Second Chapter (Angels and Demons) but not the first. You can follow the links but it tells you its currently out of stock. If you have found one that's in stock then please send me a link and I will jump on it!!!!

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
I know what you mean about the hassle with the dealer, my guess is he's no longer your prefered supplier!

The whisky I'm thinking of moving on is a Balmenach 12 year old Flora & Fauna and a minature of Gordonstoun Old Stoun 10 year old, comes in it's box along with an engraved dram glass. Something to do with the school I think, but I can't find any info.

I've had a look back at the sites I was browsing earlier and sadly no 1st additions of the DPB.

Ecoman

Sep 18, 2013
Isle of Arran
www.HPOC.co.uk
Definitely not my preferred dealer now. I'm now on the look out for a new supplier that I can trust! :rolleyes:

What release is the Balmenach? what is the ABV% and is it signed on the label?

Yeah I was coming up with the same results for the DPB. Closest dealer showing stock is New York!!! I may end up ordering from them but Oh the irony, a whiskey travels all the way to NY to then come home to the island on which it was produced!:lmao:

Ecoman

Sep 18, 2013
Isle of Arran
www.HPOC.co.uk
Thanks for the link Limaed. I have already looked at the website but after seeing your message I decided to ring them. They only get whiskey direct from the supplier and don't source special batches.:(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE