Army Bowman Radio Pack

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wild Thing

Native
Jan 2, 2009
Torquay, Devon
Considering this as a pack that I can attach PLCE side pouches to to increase capacity.

I know these are military packs, but are they reasonably comfortable to use, or a complete dog.

Any of you service people used these.

Experience and opinions appreciated.

Phill

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
They aren't bad at all- very good quality as expected. Like most Karrimor SF (PRI) stuff, they are reasonably heavy, and there are quite a lot of radio specific features in it (internal pouches/straps to hold VHF/HF radios, zips down both sides of the pack, and poppers at the bottom so you can remove most of the pack just leaving the straps and back system (meaning there is a very small chance of small loose objects to fall out via the poppers at the base), and the lid pocket is closed by fastex buckles rather than a zip, so only suitable for largish objects. Also no hip belt.

But excellent quality, and if you manage to get one significantly cheaper than other similar sized Karrimor SF packs, then may well be worth it.

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
Personally I wouldn't bother. It's built to carry bowman kit and that's about all it's useful for, and half the time I just whack the radio in my daypack anyway lol.

shovel reccy

Forager
Feb 22, 2007
cambridge
i can vouch for the desert dpm patrol pack very pleased with how it rides with load, yes it has no waist belt, but i had no probs with comfort. and back lenth is not bad and im 6 foot 1.

Wild Thing

Native
Jan 2, 2009
Torquay, Devon
Thanks again chaps.

I won a Clansman Pack from ebay for £29.50 including postage.

Will let you know how I get on with it when it arrives.

Regards

Phill

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE