Arkansas!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Oct 6, 2008
Cheshire
I've just returned from what is more or less an annual visit to in-laws in Arkansas. With the single exception of the snakes ( didn't see any even if a few saw me) the place seems purpose built just for little old me.

In ten days we spent 4 days hiking on trails here http://www.arkansasstateparks.com/pinnaclemountain/

and here
http://www.mountmagazinestatepark.com/

I also accompanied my brother in law ( purely as a spectator) out bow huntin, we didn't see any deer until the day after the season ended, after which they were everywhere - I tell you they have calendars! Went down to the range to shoot a few of his pistols too.

I've whinged and whined about the lack of woodland in Cheshire, at various points this trip I was aware that in three directions there was often many, many miles of nothing but pure forested wilderness full of bear, coyote, bobcats, deer, you name it.

Great food, friendly people, great scenery and lots of everything I ike to do in my free time.

I tell you its a bushy paradise. As soon as I retire , I'm there, snakes or no snakes.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I hope you got loads of piccies to show us, that looks like a great place to get lost in for a few weeks.

Chinkapin

Settler
Jan 5, 2009
Kansas USA
Walks with Dogs:
Next time you're in Arkansas, try to check out the Mulberry River. It is a National Wild and Scenic River. It flows through the Ozark Nat. Forest. My cabin is located on it. Beautiful, beautiful, place. Very wild -- if you listen real hard you can just barely hear that Deliverance banjo playing in the background! (I just realized, if you very young you have NO idea what I'm talking about!)

Oct 6, 2008
Cheshire
Don't worry, I know just what you're talking about, and don't have a purty mouth.

You're a lucky man Chinkapin, I've been to Arkansas a few times but this was the first real chance my wife and I got to see more than Wallmart etc. I was very very impressed.

Shewie, I took a few pics mate , and an outrageously bad Bear Grylls skit . To be honest you get a better idea from the websites I linked to. I'm very tempted to put the skit onto youtube.

traderran

Settler
May 6, 2007
TEXAS USA
Looks like you had a great time. Next time you are over come on
down to Texas we will treat you so maney ways I know you
will like some of them.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE