Argos Tipi's back 1/2 price

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

thereaper101

Tenderfoot
Jun 14, 2009
South Wales
Hi all

Just a heads up that Argos Tipi's are back 1/2 price, These are not a tentipi/bison quality, but are good value for money.

I'm going to go for 4 man £39.99 one, i'm sure I read somewhere that these needed to be waterproofed before trusting one heavy rain.

Thanks

Nick

salan

Nomad
Jun 3, 2007
Cheshire
Had one of these and gave it away!
I did not think very much of them at all. the quality of it is very variable.
Alan

Nat

Sep 4, 2007
York, North Yorkshire
I had the smaller one, put it up for one day rained cats and dogs and flooded. Stitching came away, pegs had already been used and were covered in dirt and the ground sheet leaked like a sieve.
And yet some people i know who have one haven't had any problems with them!!!!

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
Great news, I only have the smaller one and have been thinking a bigger would be better. I have had no problems with mine, however I use a stove in it and I think the smoke waterproofs it too. I say go for it, and if you have any problems take it back untill it works! ;)

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
The 5 man Vango Juno's are on eBay for £50 just now, sown in ground sheet in them too (easier and faster to pitch).

thereaper101

Tenderfoot
Jun 14, 2009
South Wales
The 5 man Vango Juno's are on eBay for £50 just now, sown in ground sheet in them too (easier and faster to pitch).

I've got one of those also :) have you seen the 2010 model with the porch? will probably pick up one of these when the price drops.

Just picked up the Argos 4 - man, hoping to get out in it tomorrow night on the Beacons to test its water proofness (or lack of it) i'll pray for rain!

Nick

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Those Argos tipis seem to be permanently on 'half price'.
Makes you suspect that's their 'real price' and the 'half price' is a marketing trick to get rid of them.
Never heard a good thing about them.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I've got one of those also :) have you seen the 2010 model with the porch? will probably pick up one of these when the price drops.

Just picked up the Argos 4 - man, hoping to get out in it tomorrow night on the Beacons to test its water proofness (or lack of it) i'll pray for rain!

Nick

Yes I have, I'll get one this summer. The Juno 800 is no longer made so I've picked up another off eBay for £50 for my daughter to use.

thereaper101

Tenderfoot
Jun 14, 2009
South Wales
See my earlier post. Ive had no problems with mine. ;D

I have hear'd some good and bad and @ £39.99, it worth a go, if it leaks bad through the material then it'll go back. If the leaks are only minor through the seams, then a seam sealer will sort it

Hey, it may not even leak at all, we definitely have the weather down here to test it out. Shame I'm not going to be able to test it out tonight, the wife has decided that i'm doing something else :(

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
I have hear'd some good and bad and @ £39.99, it worth a go, if it leaks bad through the material then it'll go back. If the leaks are only minor through the seams, then a seam sealer will sort it

Hey, it may not even leak at all, we definitely have the weather down here to test it out. Shame I'm not going to be able to test it out tonight, the wife has decided that i'm doing something else :(

Thats too bad. But as you say £40 its not so much of a loss. Just be careful not to mix up condensation with leakage which is what I think some people on here have.

Nat

Sep 4, 2007
York, North Yorkshire
Mine wasn't condensation. Chucked it down with rain and you could see it coming through the seams and material, the puddle in the middle came up through the ground sheet.
Like i said mine was a wreck form the moment i unpacked it but i thought i'd give it a go.
Still tempted by them!

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
Mine wasn't condensation. Chucked it down with rain and you could see it coming through the seams and material, the puddle in the middle came up through the ground sheet.
Like i said mine was a wreck form the moment i unpacked it but i thought i'd give it a go.
Still tempted by them!

Take it back and swap it. Im sure they have changed the design too, the doors open differently now. :)

Half price yet again, so bought the huge 12 man one. It's huge, it's flimsy, it's basic, and it had holes in it straight from the bag (ends of pole sections had cut into fabric, obviously under considerable weight).
Having said all that, £90 for a 5.5m wide, 3m high tipi is good value. I quite like it. Not a year round or mountain option though obviously.
Will get it replaced for and undamaged one next week, problem is they are really low on stock.
No connection to the above etc.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE