Argos axe Mask?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

DP1

Tenderfoot
Jun 14, 2007
Wigan Area
Hello all
Bought an Argos axe the other day for under a fiver. The not very good bit of plastic for protecting the edge snapped/ripped as soon as I took it off. How much for materials , where from and how hard would it be to make a mask for this axe? Obviously I paid under a fiver for the axe so don't want to pay a load for a mask for it. Never made anything before in my life, don't intend to take it up as a hobby or anything but would like to do something to protect me from the axe when I'm not using it.

Any advice?

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
Hello all
Bought an Argos axe the other day for under a fiver. The not very good bit of plastic for protecting the edge snapped/ripped as soon as I took it off. How much for materials , where from and how hard would it be to make a mask for this axe? Obviously I paid under a fiver for the axe so don't want to pay a load for a mask for it. Never made anything before in my life, don't intend to take it up as a hobby or anything but would like to do something to protect me from the axe when I'm not using it.

Any advice?

You can make a good enough axe mask from hardboard and some duct tape. Good enough to keep you safe. Cheap and quick to replace

DP1

Tenderfoot
Jun 14, 2007
Wigan Area
I made one from duct tape, but I presume you want a leather one.

MickT

Tadpole great minds think alike

To be perfectly honest I had't even thought of what it would be made of I just assumed leather which would look nice but I suppose duct tape would do the job! Thanksfor the idea!

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
A good answer would be to buy a sheet of kydex (someone on here was selling some) and form a "snap on" blade cover - should cost a couple or three quid.

Alternatively dunk a chopped up tupperware bowl in hot water and it goes soft. Form it around the blade (leaving the top and bottom open) and trim to size and leave to cool on the the blade )(wrap the balde in clingfil first). It will harden to shape

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE