Are there any regular meets in derbyshire?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
I'm in derby and well up for a spot of bushcraft in the peak, need the practice. I'm still asking around for permission to camp if i here anything I'll let u know.

Meaghaidh

Aug 10, 2005
Peak District
Hi,

I am interested in a peak area meet.

There are scout campsites at Marple in the N Peak and it is reasonably large. Tansley nr Matlock and Spitewinter between Chesterfield and Matlock.

It may be worth speaking to Bill warden at North Lees campsite if he would allow something on his patch ;) ;)

All my land is virtually treeless, and exposed to the elements

Meaghaidh.

I could get to any of the places mentioned, I am not good at organazizing though :)
so I will keep my eye on here and If anyone sorts a meet out and I can make it on the day I will be there.
Had a meet up with PJMCbear last week at Crowden I had the kids with me so we had a bit of a walk and picked some bilberry's, not a major bush craft event but it was nice to meet up.

PJMCBear

Settler
May 4, 2006
Hyde, Cheshire
Yep

Very nice to meet you and you lovely daughters.

Just to let you know, J, picked about 2lb of Bilberries yesterday. A bumper crop this year. Also found the wild strawberries again, but not many fruits.

Any idea why Snake Pass is closed?

Singeblister said:
I could get to any of the places mentioned, I am not good at organazizing though :)
so I will keep my eye on here and If anyone sorts a meet out and I can make it on the day I will be there.
Had a meet up with PJMCbear last week at Crowden I had the kids with me so we had a bit of a walk and picked some bilberry's, not a major bush craft event but it was nice to meet up.

Nov 15, 2006
Bristol - UK
kiakanpa said:
Just wondered if there were any regular bush-craft type meets in the derbyshire area? i have just got into bush-craft and would love to meet other people to learn more.
This forum is great but there is nothing like learning from a real person.

Cheers
Hello all - I'm in the same position as kiakanpa. I'm new to bushcraft too and it would be great to meet up with some of you folks and pick up a few tips.

I've got a four month old baby so it would also be a great excuse to get out of the house for some much needed peace and quiet!!!

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Hi, Are u folks managaging to meet up at all. Im in the peaks most days as I work up there. Could do with getting out with likeminded folks plus I could do with a break from daddy duties!

PJMCBear

Settler
May 4, 2006
Hyde, Cheshire
Addo

Most of us meet up at the North West meets these days. There's one this weekend at Forest Camp, Delamere. If you can get out from the Daddy duties (I've a very understanding wife and children) you should get yourself along.

Hi, Are u folks managaging to meet up at all. Im in the peaks most days as I work up there. Could do with getting out with likeminded folks plus I could do with a break from daddy duties!

PJMCBear

Settler
May 4, 2006
Hyde, Cheshire
I will do in the future. My boy is already showing a love of the outdoors. He's only 3, but wants to go camping with his Dad. My daughter is only 5 weeks, but when she's a little upset, taking her outside seems to be the quickest way to quieten her. Walking up and down the garden with her in a sling works every time. Even at 3 in the morning under a brolly. :)

or do what I'm doing, bring them with you, I think I'm lucky in the fact that they like it too.

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Cheers, will try to get up there. Managing to get wife and daughter - nearly 2years old, camping ( with half the house in the car ) just need to get them in the woods. with less stuff.

thingswelike

Forager
Jun 15, 2007
Peak District
Cheers, will try to get up there. Managing to get wife and daughter - nearly 2years old, camping ( with half the house in the car ) just need to get them in the woods. with less stuff.
Yep that's the hurdle I'm overcoming at the moment. We're going to the Delamere meet and to be honest we're probably going to take nearly everything we take car camping. Still - small steps :)
I'm in Bollington near Macc btw. 2 children - 14months and 5yo

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE