Are there any regular meets in derbyshire?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Just wondered if there were any regular bush-craft type meets in the derbyshire area? i have just got into bush-craft and would love to meet other people to learn more.
This forum is great but there is nothing like learning from a real person.

Cheers

Fallow Way

Nomad
Nov 28, 2003
Staffordshire, Cannock Chase
HI i`m staffordshire way. I`m going to organise a Midlands meet up as there seems to be a fair number of us. If you wan to meet up for a walk and wonder, gimme a shout, i`m more than happy to share the little bit i know.

sounds good, how many people on this forum would be interested? i know a couple of people that would love to come. Also do you have any ideas on a venue? there are a few good places i know in the peak, but they may be a bit far north for you. As for a walk and a chat, that sounds really good, let me know when you are free and ill try to get some time free (busy with work and family and stuff, but can always make time).
I think it would be good if members of the forum reply to this thread if they are interested in a midlands meet-up.

dtalbot

Jan 7, 2004
Derbyshire
I'm certainly interested if somthing comes off, might be worth asking over in the bushcraft forum on British Blades as well, there are quite a few folks from round Derbyshire ish over there who would probably like the idea but don't come over here that often

Nyayo

Forager
Jun 9, 2005
Gone feral...
I'll be up for a meetup. How bout a stroll round the Goyt Valley? Lots of stealth camping potential. Will have to be at the w/e, as I go back to work next week (for the reasons, see 'Edged Tools - really bad injuries' thread...).

N

PJMCBear

Settler
May 4, 2006
Hyde, Cheshire
I'll be out around Crowden, on the Woodhead Pass, Friday afternoon thru to Saturday morning. There is a campsite there, but I won't be using it. No fires.

Anyone want to join me? John?

Neanderthal

Dec 2, 2004
Cheshire
Are there any Scout campgrounds in the Peak District area we can get access to?
I suppose the question really is, are there any scout leaders reading this thread and fancy meeting up in the Peak Disctict? :)

The Spring North meet and the Lincolnshire meet were in these type of places and were great for bushcraft.

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
Neanderthal said:
Are there any Scout campgrounds in the Peak District area we can get access to?
I suppose the question really is, are there any scout leaders reading this thread and fancy meeting up in the Peak Disctict? :)

The Spring North meet and the Lincolnshire meet were in these type of places and were great for bushcraft.
I will have a look tonight, there is one I know of somewhere near the roaches, but got to get back to work now!

led

Settler
Aug 24, 2004
uk
For those folks interested, I'm currently starting to make some arrangements for an Autumn meet. I'll post more details later on in the Summer.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
Hi though i am in the East anglia region i work for "Woodland survival crafts" which is on the derbyshire/liecestershire border (very close to melborne).

though i would not be able to join your group for logisical reasons the other instructors i work with may be interested:
Ian and Dave watson (check the website for a photo, mines not on it yet :( )

also as a bonus we use a woodland for the courses that you may be able to use but you'd have to speak to Dave.

Ian is known as lonescout on this forum.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE