Are there any Geo-Cachers around?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Morrolan

Tenderfoot
Jun 1, 2010
Chorley, Lancashire
Just curious, but wanted to know if there were any/many bushcrafters who also do a bit of geocaching when out and about?

For me it's been the perfect way to get my kids interested in getting out from in front of some form of screen (be it laptop, phone, playstation, tv etc) as it gives them a purpose to the walk.

Anyone else out there?

Reason I ask is I was looking to see how many caches were around the bushmoot area and suddenly thought if I would be the only 1?

skate

Nomad
Apr 13, 2010
East Devon
Been Caching since 2003 under the name "Skate and Jane". Have quietened down a bit lately due to quality issues etc. Have found some brilliant locations via caching and pushed myself further than I thought i.e. up moutains in blizzards and down mines and pot holes. Not attending the moot as prefer peace and quiet when out and about.

Globetrotter.uk

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
Well Ive been caching for so long Im Globetrotter.uk and I must admit since finding BCUK geocaching has been slowing down. But im awaiting 10 new caches to go live so I have an excuse to go for a bimble. I especially enjoy finding the new cache first then lying in my hammock nearby to see if anyone else appears.

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
Ahh man, I keep trying to get out and do the ones round me. Someone has done a themed set using the churches in the area. But there are so many other things that get in the way. Maybe this will be the kick I need. Not likely to moot, again a few too many people in the woods for me and would feel a little out of my league 'craft wise. Still very new to all this even after all these years.

Morrolan

Tenderfoot
Jun 1, 2010
Chorley, Lancashire
I'm very new to it as well - I don't actually know any bushcrafters at all, I've just kinda taught myself slowly as I've gone out a few times a year alone for a weekend etc. The entire reason I'm going to the moot is to meet some like-minded people and maybe get a few tips and hopefully learn too much to remember!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE