Arctic sleeping bag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Prophecy

Settler
Dec 12, 2007
Italy
Surely there should be some sort of lining on the outer to protect it from moisture and wind?

I'd give Surplus and Adventure a call and ask them exactly what it is you've bought...then explain that it is advertised with the lining.

This bag is for extreme cold i.e. a dry environment, so it probably doesn't need a DWR finish. If it was being used in a snow bivvy it would most likely be used in a vapour permeable bag anyway. If you are using it in a tent I wouldn't worry about it.

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
I would have to say, tat if you bought the bag on the basis of that page, I'd be very worried. It mentions nothing of what the bag is made of, what the various components are, and most importantly what the bags temp ratings are. I'd like to think you had other information available to you to make the decision. From whats available ther is no way to assume anything as to it's build quality.

Nag.

Scrumpy, It will be fine. I have an arctic issue bag which looks very similar to that one and its cosy and warm as it is in a tent and great outside on the floor with a bivvy bag.
just make sure you use a mat of some kind underneath it.
If it gets dirty give it a wash in soap flakes and no conditioner.

I have just started using mine in my dd hammock too and its great.

Hope this helps

Bodge:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE