Arctic Bibs

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
I was on the lookout for some saloppettes or bibs that would offer good thermal insulation and be safe around the fire. A lot of the dedicated ski wear is waterproofed and would not promote heat loss when working and is also usually light weight material. so i had a look round on ebay. I spied some ECW aircrew nomex bibs and pushed the button at £64 plus delivery. Escaped customs charges too which was nice

Just arrived early this morning and have to say they are superb. Have the feel of cotton with great padding. Plenty of pockets and double zip front, full drop seat for ease of.....well you know. Leg and side body zip vents too.

Should be just the ticket for my next trip to the cold. A little snug round the midriff but im down 1.5 stone already and expect to shift another 2.5 before next feb so should be adequate room for layers

excuse the bed hair it was early lol

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Bigger pockets on these though

0.jpg

Only pulling your leg chap, yours look great :)

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Yea i find trousers give me a headache and having a padded bib gives my kidneys that bit of extra warmth, especially when sitting around in the evening. You burned that kni co in yet ? :)

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Yea i find trousers give me a headache and having a padded bib gives my kidneys that bit of extra warmth, especially when sitting around in the evening. You burned that kni co in yet ? :)

Of Course! ;) Had it going in the garden, the day after i posted the piccies
Few days later there were specs of rust appearing, so I covered it in a thin layer of raw linseed oil.
Very prone to rust they are!

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
its the same with all stoves except ti mate even the stainless will rust after a good burn. Doesnt affect use just makes them look lived in :D. You just need a nice lavvu now and your arctic ready :D

Imagedude

Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
I have a set of Brenig pile/pertex salopettes, I'm sure that they are very good but even at temps below -30 I found my Woolpower leggings and Paramo Salopettes to be plenty warm enough.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE