Arctic 2010 Exped attendees discussions

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

peds8045

Sep 4, 2005
Telford, Shropshire
I'm flying to Oslo tomorrow afternoon and spending the night in a hotel near the airport. Guess i'll see all you guys on Sunday morning at the check in at Oslo.

Agile

Forager
Dec 27, 2006
Bournemouth, Dorset
can't wait to meet you all.I am in oslo early tomorrow staying in the centre, is any one else?

Yep Vinny.

I'll be in a hostel in the centre and free for most of the day.

If you fancy meeting up, PM me with any details - or look out for a person with two green bags wearing a green and blue jacket, sticking out like a sore thumb!

Cheers,

Ag

Woody

Forager
ALL ARCTIC EXPEDITION STUDENTS ATTENDING THE COURSE FROM 14th-20th FEBRUARY 2010 PLEASE FIND BELOW A CONTACT NUMBER FOR WOODY SHOULD YOU FIND YOU ARE RUNNING LATE OF HAVE ANY OTHER PROBLEMS REGARDING THE EXPEDITION

CONTACT NUMBER: 07811196279

PLEASE DO NOT PHONE THE NUMBER IN THE PREVIOUS POST ABOVE(POSTED BY COLN18), PLEASE USE THE FOLLOWING NUMBER:

CONTACT NUMBER: 07811196279

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2009
Edinburgh
In Oslo at the mom, been here for a few days, nice and cold (-12deg) at 9 this morning but beautiful clear skys. Looking at the weather it doesn't look that good for Bardufoss for clear skys...but we'll see!

Getting the 12.30ish flight from olso tomorrow. I'm the tall, lanky ginger one with my slightly smaller partner :p

Dave

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Hope you all have a great trip and wonderful time!!

Be warm, Be Safe and Don't eat the Yellow Snow!!

Looking forward to you guys returning already . lots of phot's required.:)

BushEd

Nomad
Aug 24, 2009
Herts./Finland
I dunno if anyone who wants to read this still can...but i'm sitting in Oslo departure lounge, waiting the 5 or so hours till our flight to Bardufoss. Got a blue McKinley bag on if anyone else is about.... :)

Leonidas

Settler
Oct 13, 2008
Briton
www.mammothblades.com
Hi Guys - The site where the course is held is superb.
LOADS of snow, +1 at the moment But! the temperature is fluctuating wildly, rumour suggests -35 (ish) later this week......whehey...

The firehouse (Briefings, day one chow etc)
Very cosy :)

4356804627_c346d63d58_o.jpg

Later folks

Tom

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2009
Edinburgh
it indeed was bloody cold!

We arrived in the midst of a relatively warm (0 deg) but rather dramatic snow blizzard which caused approx 2-3foot on snow on out base camp. The weather gradually cleared up and got colder and for the last 4 days I don't believe it ever got warmer that -15. Coldest was -28 I think on friday night.

Basically...everything you can think of froze. Water started to freeze within literally 30 seconds and plastic items just snapped off. It was fun though :p

Can someone possibly post the coords for google maps? Had a look briefly and can't seem to find it. Thanks

Dave

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Glad you're all back safe and well and I've heard from a few of you that it was a great experience goodjob

Can everyone that attended drop me an email with your addresses so that we can send on the certificates.

Jul 1, 2008
Oxfordshire
Hi one and all. Thanks for making the week such a great experience. Looking back I enjoyed it big time though willing myself to get out of a sleeping bag at -20 was not easy. I hope to bump into you in the future.

Regards

Scott

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE