Arctic 2010 Exped attendees discussions

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Leonidas

Settler
Oct 13, 2008
Briton
www.mammothblades.com
I've requested another quote today for the following flight....

Provided I get confirmation from at least 10 folks on the Arctic Exped and then a 20% I'll book the group flight.
More than 10 can be included.....others can join the group booking later as required....
Once deposit paid you simply provide the name of the group booking (supplied later) then exchange your details directly with Norwegian airlines....

Cheers
Tom

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
I,m in Tom,would like to get this all sewn up and paid for!
Do you know if we have the numbers to get this exped off the ground?!
My best.
Chris.

Leonidas

Settler
Oct 13, 2008
Briton
www.mammothblades.com
Re Exped off the ground....

By my count we are at 12 folks with Peterlee_Paddler joining us (Nice one) ....
(Tony wade in here at any point if info differs)

Net net we need another 4 folks....

I reached yesterday / today to some folks outside of BCUK (Search and rescue types :) ) and their is interest.
Question for the folks already booked, is there anyone you might consider reaching out too?
A friend, family member etc, who might relish the opportunity?

Might be prudent to let folks on the general forum know we have 12 signed up and only 4 spaces left?
Some folks leave these things to the last minute....might as well give them every opportunity to join us in what can only be described as a unique life experience....
Also some folks are motivated a little more when the opportunity is near to closing :rolleyes:

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Good point! I tried a 'shout ' to the open BCUK forum (I think you came on board with helpfull comments!?)
Will ask around.
Cheers.
Chris.

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
you can make that lucky 13, deposit paid

looking forward to meeting all you guys,

is there anyone else going from Scotland for flights ect, just briefly looked into it.

anyway speak to you all later

Colin Newman

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
yep me and the family are sitting round an ice cube to get warmed up for a cold night, cut from the north we are - mmm that reminds me i must dig my -40 sleeping bag out for the trip, im fine but the top of my napper due to a thinning hairdo needs it....

Leonidas

Settler
Oct 13, 2008
Briton
www.mammothblades.com
you can make that lucky 13, deposit paid

looking forward to meeting all you guys,

is there anyone else going from Scotland for flights ect, just briefly looked into it.

anyway speak to you all later

Colin Newman

Great news that you are joining the exped Colin.
Scotland you say.....Well, when we do get to Bardufoss do not let that giant glowing ball phase you, it's the sun....:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Tom

wolf man

Forager
Sep 12, 2005
Oxford
I want to come.....

Just PM'd Tony asking for a place, as soon as he gets back to me, i'll get a deposit to him.

What are you guys doing about footwear, apart from plastic climbing boots, i really do not have anything suitable for he conditions.

Tony: Is it still possible to hire boots???

Look forward to seeing you guys

Jun 18, 2009
Herts
Hello, I'm raising that 13 and making it 14! Deposit paid and now trying to catch up with you guys on the organisation front!

Tom, I'm in for the group booking for the Oslo to Bardfoss leg of the trip. I probably try and get the same flights from Heathrow as well. I live near Luton, but unfortunately no flights to Oslo depart for there. Out of interest do you know which Olso airport the flights to Bardfoss go from? Ryanair quote 2 Olso airports, Torp and Rygge (knowing Ryanair neither will actually be that near Oslo!)

Look forward to meeting up with you all at the briefing.

Stu

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Wolfman,Re-boots,I use German surplus army mountatin boots,two sizes larger,will a felt or sheepskin insole and two pairs of mountaineering,wool based socks (one pair the size up from my usual).
Hope this helps.
Chris.

Leonidas

Settler
Oct 13, 2008
Briton
www.mammothblades.com
Hello, I'm raising that 13 and making it 14! Deposit paid and now trying to catch up with you guys on the organisation front!

Tom, I'm in for the group booking for the Oslo to Bardfoss leg of the trip. I probably try and get the same flights from Heathrow as well. I live near Luton, but unfortunately no flights to Oslo depart for there. Out of interest do you know which Olso airport the flights to Bardfoss go from? Ryanair quote 2 Olso airports, Torp and Rygge (knowing Ryanair neither will actually be that near Oslo!)

Look forward to meeting up with you all at the briefing.

Stu

Great news that you are joining Stu
Re the airport, not sure about other ports but the one I've been banging on about previously in the thread is 'OSL' also known as Gardermoen.
This may not suit everyone.
Some UK carriers flights may go to the other Oslo airport, if you take one of these you will needs to leave time for baggage reclaim and arrange transfers between airports...

Watch this space.

Tom

peds8045

Sep 4, 2005
Telford, Shropshire
I have just sent my deposit via bank transfer so i guess i may be in. I announced my intentions last night.

Tony has sent me the T's & C's, do i need to send the Next of kin form straight away?

peds8045

Sep 4, 2005
Telford, Shropshire
Furthermore i could be up for the group flight from Oslo to Bardufoss .....but i haven't even looked into the flight fro UK to Oslo yet. Can i get there from Birmingham?

Leonidas

Settler
Oct 13, 2008
Briton
www.mammothblades.com
Furthermore i could be up for the group flight from Oslo to Bardufoss .....but i haven't even looked into the flight fro UK to Oslo yet. Can i get there from Birmingham?

Had a quick look on Expedia and Opoda for direct flights from Birmingham BHX to Oslo OSL on Feb 14th 2010 returning Feb 20 1010, no direct flights showed up at the times required to make the connecting flight.

Either:-
I missed some flights...(Flight needs to be in Oslo OSL no later than 11.30am in order to make the connection...Also need to make return connection :) )
Depart Saturday 13th stay overnight in Oslo...
Depart from another UK airport.​

Recommend you check other departure airports using Expedia / Opodo or go direct to a flight carriers site i.e. British Airways

Here is a reminder of the latest connections that need to be made if we are to make the rendezvous time at BDU.

Connect TO 2nd Outbound leg 14th Feb 2010 from Oslo
Depart OSL 1235 - Arr BDU 1425 (Norwegian Airlines DY394)

RV Bardufoss (BDU) arrivals 1530 14th Feb
HAVE LOADS OF FUN
Dropped of at BDU at 1300 20th Feb

Connect FROM 1st Return leg 20th Feb 2010 to Oslo
Depart BDU 1415 - Arr OSL 1605 (Norwegian Airlines DY395)

Tom

Jun 18, 2009
Herts
Cheers Tom. As I suspected Ryanair don't fly to Gardermoen (who'd have thought Oslo would have 3 airports!). I'll do some research and get back to you regarding the UK to Oslo leg of the journey. I'm definitely in for the Oslo onwards group booking. Cheers Stu

Great news that you are joining Stu
Re the airport, not sure about other ports but the one I've been banging on about previously in the thread is 'OSL' also known as Gardermoen.
This may not suit everyone.
Some UK carriers flights may go to the other Oslo airport, if you take one of these you will needs to leave time for baggage reclaim and arrange transfers between airports...

Watch this space.

Tom

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE