Archery woodland needed

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Nov 20, 2008
Derby
www.freewebs.com
I am posting this to enquire of any woodland of minimum 15 acres but preferably more which you may know about in the Derby/Nottingham/Burton/Leicester area which would be available for rent by our Field Archery club.

We are a new National Field Archery Society (N.F.A.S.) registered and insured, 30 member Field Archery club based in central Derby, which has also recently affiliated to a second governing body in the sport known as the English Field Archery Association (E.F.A.A.), that requires woodland to progress our club and train in our sport.

Our greatest achievement to date is the highly acclaimed N.F.A.S. National Championships 2009 X-Course laid by our members.

The membership is made up of professional people with their children (minimum age of 9) that take the sport and the discipline it instils very seriously.

The woodland would be used to permanently set up an unobtrusive 40 target Field Archery course, so therefore we would ideally have no public footpaths or bridal ways running through it, although this can be easily and safely worked around with careful planning and our very strict safety procedures. We will also use the woodland to train our younger members in the basic skills of survival, with a view to maybe opening the courses up to other organisations like the scouts etc in the future.

The woodland must allow us to run kids bushcraft courses, so overnight camping will be essential, and to have a small temporary structure for storage and wet weather shelter e.g. shed/shipping container. we would also require access for member vehicles and enough vehicle capacity to accommodate an occasional Sunday open shoot (maximum 2 per year) and course attendees.

In return we offer to pay a fair rent, the added security of people with your interests in mind on site, free woodland maintenance and free membership to our club for life.

Please contact us if you have or know of any woodland or if you require
any further information about us and our club.

Web Site www.freewebs.com/artemisarchers
E-Mail artemisarchers@googlemail.com

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
There was a section on Countryfile at the weekend talking about how Sherwood Forest was making most of its rvenue now from leisure activities rather than actual forestry sales.
Archery was one of the most popular activities (for obvious reasons :rolleyes: ) so maybe it's worth contacting them to see what they offer.

Moff8

Forager
Jul 19, 2004
Glasgow
Would a local golf course be interested - say during the winter. I know many of them are struggling a bit for money. This might be an additional revenue they might consider.

You could set your route up in the deep rough and stay off of the fairways almost competely.

Just an idea.

JimN

Forager
Feb 7, 2006
The Amber Valley
I believe JimN has something to do with Archery in the Derbyshire area. May be worth giving him a shout by PM.
:eek:

The club I'm a member of (Black Arrow Field Archery Club) are based near Belper and I think we were looking to move a few years back. Unfortunately, as with finding woods to practise bushcraft in, it's a thankless task trying to find anywhere. Unless you are already pally with a land-owner it really is a case of looking on Google Maps for likely locations, finding out who owns it and knocking on doors with cap in hand. I'll ask around our club to see if anybody is aware of any spare ground though

Sorry, can't help further but if you fancy a trip out we often have shoots for other clubs over :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE