Apple Bowl (Thank you Bardster)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
After seeing some of his work on http://crafts.probetech.co.uk ; Bardster kindly agreed to turn me a small eating bowl from apple wood for a very reasonable fee.

And this is the result that I received a little while later: :cool: :wow1:

115989482_de7b7c1156_o.jpg

I would like to say a MASSSSSIVE thank you to Paul for all his hard work in completing the bowl for me. :You_Rock_

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Very very nice,you have to say it there are some really talented folks on this forum. :You_Rock_

Adi

Nomad
Dec 29, 2004
Thats nice Andy remember to keep it hidden next weekend because i will be bowl hunting :D

Laurence Dell

Forager
Aug 24, 2004
Sevenoaks, Kent
Adi Fiddler said:
Thats nice Andy remember to keep it hidden next weekend because i will be bowl hunting :D

Isn't that illegal in the UK :nono::eek: , oh whoops sorry that's Bow hunting:lmao:

Is it a recurve, compound or long bowl :lol: :slap:

Sorry about that but I couldn't resist

benjamin.oneill

Forager
Jan 31, 2006
East Sussex, UK
its pruning time around here so I managed to cart home a whole trunk, about 15" across at the base and 5' long... it came home in the back of my little clio!

What is it like to work with? The only thing I've ever done with it was to take a 2" chunk of a branch with a long curved stem coming from it to the side and fashioned a pipe for a lord of the rings fancy dress party when I was about 16.

I remeber being told that applewood was used to make the teeth in the wheels of mills because it never fully seasoned and therefore didn't get as hot with friction. Should give it interesting properties for other aplications.

andyn

Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Well I decided to be greedy and ask Paul if he could make me another bowl and this was the result:

122821733_9c269c18a2.jpg

The bowl is apple again and has a Elm pedestal. The pictures just don't do these bowls justice!!!!

Thanks again to Bardster. :D

Andy.

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
Appologies to Andy for the windup.

I picked the Bowl up for him at the full members meet and text him while there and said my curry tasted better in his nice new bowl :eek: :rolleyes: ;)

Bardster

Native
Apr 28, 2005
Staplehurst, Kent
Cheers mate - Just a little correction though - the foot is actually Elm not Yew... :)

As for the other question on how easy it is to work... its lovely, curls come off like carving cheese :) The smell is pretty good too - and save those shavings! give a lovely smell off when burned - add them to your campfire :)

fred gordon

Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Wooden bowls are just brilliant aren't they. Good ones the right size can be hard to come by. Great to see such talent and honest appreciation.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE