Apex Hunter-WARNING! Not for the squeamish.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Aye, eagles are immensely powerful, but still fragile in comparison to larger land animals. If they dont hit first and hard, they are gonna get knacked. :)

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
yeah i guess your right there to be fair. i think its after seeing eagles killing wolves it said they can crush a skull with their talons and thats against a wolf with vicious teeth. so i thought a goat wouldnt have much of a chance but yeah your right about dashing them with hooves

Remember too that a goat's skull is evolved for butting so is probably not as fragile as a wolf's.

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
and thats against a wolf with vicious teeth.

Not so vicious as that.......

13594_Golden_Eagle_Vs_Siberian_Wolf_NiceFun_3_1.jpg

Only kidding, that was just a chained cub used in training...

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Not a lot different from how we train hunting dogs (coon hounds with wounded coons, squirrel dogs by letting a captured squirrel bit the young dog, etc.)

True enough, ....pittbulls with stolen or lost pets, terriers with injured foxes & badgers, German shepherds with illegal immigrants etc.....the list is long....our kindness knows no bounds...:rofl:

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
True enough, ....pittbulls with stolen or lost pets, terriers with injured foxes & badgers, German shepherds with illegal immigrants etc.....the list is long....our kindness knows no bounds...:rofl:

Actually the pit bulls are trained BY illegal imagrants (primarily drug smugglers/dealers) to protect them and their merchandise by having someone beat the dog (usually someone wearing a uniform with a badge) until it hates them.

Last edited:

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I don't doubt an eagle's courage or skills santaman..........I've seen this vid before & the bear was probably comming too close to a nesting site (or a kill) & the eagle was simply mobbing it........

I had also suspected the bear had come too close to a nesting site but couldn't quite beleive that the eagle would have put one somewhere the bear could reach. They usually build their airies on a high cliff. In any case it's irrelevent; the eagle had the skill and courage to drive off a bear . It doesn't matter what the reason was.

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Actually the pit bulls are trained BY illegal imagrants (primarily drug smugglers/dealers) to protect them and their merchandise by having someone beat the dog (usually someone wearing a uniform with a badge) until it hates them.

" virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition."

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
I had also suspected the bear had come too close to a nesting site but couldn't quite beleive that the eagle would have put one somewhere the bear could reach. They usually build their airies on a high cliff. In any case it's irrelevent; the eagle had the skill and courage to drive off a bear . It doesn't matter what the reason was.

I've seen blackbirds drive off a cat.....much more dangerous..:D

When a predator isn't in hunting mode, just about any critter can chase it away...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE