Anyone used a Pocket Cooker?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mr_Rimps

Forager
Aug 13, 2006
Hampshire
I've got one just like it bushwakka.

Bought mine when in the USA cant remember how much it was. Its made from steel so needs to be kept lightly oiled also its heavy for its size. Folding it away is a bit like a chineese puzzle until you get to know which bit folds first etc.

Not used it much but when I have its done its job.

Hope this helps

Andy

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I've never cooked a pocket...how do they taste - or should this be on the "I know I'm an idiot thread?
Got any photos of the original item in question in all its various positions/in use/in transport and a review of its abilities?

cyclist

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 9, 2006
holstein
John Fenna said:
I've never cooked a pocket...how do they taste - or should this be on the "I know I'm an idiot thread?
Got any photos of the original item in question in all its various positions/in use/in transport and a review of its abilities?

here you go:
www.bushcraftuk.com/community/printthread.php?t=5919
www.bushcraftuk.com/community/showthread.php?t=10557

two other woodburning stoves:
www.occuk.co.uk/OUTDOOR/fire-spout-100.htm
www.occuk.co.uk/OUTDOOR/fire-spout-mini.htm

Mastino suggested to get an "Ordning cutlery stand" from www.ikea.com

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I have both the firespout and mini firespout - both are bril and go with me on canoe trips and some hikes. When I took Bow Drill out canoeing on the Tivy we cooked lunch on the Mini using a bare handful of dry sticks (remains of woodworking projects...off cuts not faiures - mainly!) and a couple of locally found twigs.
Firespouts are great! - oh yeah I should point out that the maker is a mate of mine... but I am not biased!
John

Nov 28, 2006
wales uk
ive nevery tried cooking on this kind of stove i ought to try it some day and this sort of stove is not hevy to carry in your rucksack if you were outdoor camping ect

Tristan

Bushwacker

Feb 21, 2006
Basildon Essex
got a nice nomad folding cooker from a guy called chris randell on song of the paddle forum. very nice piece of kit. s/steel and no bigger than a CD case. works just like every other type of folding stove, but this one folds REALLY flat! sorry cant give you link to web site, I`m useless at that sort of stuff.

jamesraykenney

Forager
Aug 16, 2004
Beaumont, TX
cyclist said:

WOW, they are on sale in the US for $10.95!!! regular $14.99.
That is something like 7 pounds in the UK correct???
You could probably get them shipped to the UK for less than buying locally!!!
http://www.campingsurvival.com/fopocost.html If anyone is interested...

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
cyclist said:
Mastino suggested to get an "Ordning cutlery stand" from www.ikea.com

Looks ok to me :D

23278_PE070489_S4.jpg

walker

Oct 27, 2006
devon
yes i have one of the black folding ones you mention there just great
handy for when you run out of meths or when ever
i can store it inside my army trianga cooker and it sits on top great too

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE