Anyone Up For Rock Climbing

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SKI

May 14, 2008
KENT
Yes i know, not exactly bushcraft but you are out door's and some of the place's you can go you can camp at.

Now i'm no expert as i've only been climbing for 12 month's but i'm getting there. My normal partner (my nephow) car't alway's go and i've got the climbing bug quite bad. So if there are any buding climber's out there please let me know.

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
Apologies if you already know this, have you tried Arethusa venture center? Several climbers use the climbing wall regular and it's a nice place to go and meet people.

http://www.arethusa.org.uk/climbing.asp

Personally, I think it's agood idea for bushcrafters to know a few climbing skills, seeing as you may find yourself in need of them one day.

malente

Life member
Jan 14, 2007
Germany
I came to bushcraft via hiking and climbing! I'm based at Lancaster, so if you're ever around this neck of the woods (yorkshire limestone or lakes) give a shout!

Kent is quite flat,is it not? There's some sandstone crags south of London, maybe Hampshire? Can't remember. Cornwall (sea cliffs and DWS) and South Wales is not too far away.

Stay safe (and know your knots!)

Mike

SKI

May 14, 2008
KENT
lostplanet Apologies if you already know this, have you tried Arethusa venture center? Several climbers use the climbing wall regular and it's a nice place to go and meet people.

http://www.arethusa.org.uk/climbing.asp

Personally, I think it's agood idea for bushcrafters to know a few climbing skills, seeing as you may find yourself in need of them one day.

Yep it's not bad down there, but the bolder room down at evolution, way better.

Thing is you do meet people but thay normally have their regular people thay go with, and as i've got into this late in life (i'm 36 he said under his breath) i sort of need to find someone or a group that are near my level.

malente I came to bushcraft via hiking and climbing! I'm based at Lancaster, so if you're ever around this neck of the woods (yorkshire limestone or lakes) give a shout!

Kent is quite flat,is it not? There's some sandstone crags south of London, maybe Hampshire? Can't remember. Cornwall (sea cliffs and DWS) and South Wales is not too far away.

Stay safe (and know your knots!)

Mike

Your right there's not many place's down here (out side anyway) to climb. Those sandstone crag's are Tunbridge Wells area. There pritty good but thay do get busy at the weekend.

regard to you both

Twoflower

Nomad
May 11, 2007
Northants
SKI, if I wasn't off to college in september (and if my climbing gear wasn't in italy) I'd join you.

Get yourself down to Harrisons though, you can chuck a hammock up in the campsite there, lots of friendly types there every weekend when the weather is nice and also well over a hundred climbs of all grades.

SKI

May 14, 2008
KENT
So you do a bit of climbing then Twoflowers. Like i said i've only been doing it for 12 month's and i absolutely love it. Not only does it keep you fit, but it keep's the old mind going trying to work out hand and feet placement. I just wish i took it up earlier in life.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE