Anyone own one of these packs

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
Looks like an LK-35 backpack to me, but I have no experiences with them.
Thought it just might help you look for info on it.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
As Ron said, it looks like an LK-35. LK-50 is very good* though :D .

The frame on the pic in the link looks a whole lot lighter than the one used for the 50 and 70. Even when empty the two bigger versions are heavy packs but, in my experience, the weight of the 50 'disappears' when the pack is put on and I've heard the same said about the 70 ~ I'd have thought the same would go for the one you're looking at.

I think the only major complaint (In the surplus market) is the lack of padding in the straps and waist belt. Many seem to swap them out for ALICE, MALICE, and MOLLE versions ~ the only time I've had an issue with the lack of padding has been when I've needed to carry a weekend's water in on top of kit.

P&P is pretty good too.

* Where the value 'good' is based on my own personal opinion of using one ;) .

Adze

Native
Oct 9, 2009
Cumbria
www.adamhughes.net
No experience of these, but if it's an improvement on the earlier version:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Swedish-A...Collectables_Militaria_LE&hash=item4cfe86165d

(link for demonstration purposes only)

Then it'll be good. I bought a pair of these from Military Mart for under £14 and both needed little more than a bit of neatsfoot oil and a scrub despite not being used since (if the postmark and date of stamp on the letter I found in one of them is to be believed) 1943.

Cheers!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE