anyone out there?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

moko

Forager
Apr 28, 2005
out there
Was anyone sleeping out on Saturday night? (I mean this in a true Bushcraft sense!) I was camping out down in the west country and what a night. A full moon lazily drifted through the stars lighting up the whole world. By two in the morning it was almost bright enough to read a book by. I had forgotten how wonderful it is walk by moon light.......if only evey night were like this. Mind you, it was bl**dy brass monkeys out there.

Moko

led

Settler
Aug 24, 2004
uk
Was out on Friday night. Cooked a nice lamb stew in the dutch oven and watched the moon rising above the horizon, which was stunningly beautiful. Just slept in a bag under the stars and with a hat pulled over my face because the moon was so bright! I must get a bivi bag though as there was a very heavy dew and my bag was soaked by morning.

Mantic

Nomad
May 9, 2006
UK
I was out too - but it was a warm night for me.

Built a two man shelter - no slugs but lots of spids.

Ate a whole mess of 24hr rations and drank a considerable amount of chili vodka - lovely!

Long Stride

Tenderfoot
Jun 11, 2006
Dundee
Was out in the local hills ( Sidlaws ) Thursday to Saturday. 2 nights under Tarp. :D

Took these on Thursday night.

One downside to clear skies - temperature dropped to around 6 Degrees C.
Second night was warmer.

pothunter

Settler
Jun 6, 2006
Wyre Forest Worcestershire
Meant to reply to this the other day when I first saw it, I was out Friday night on the Dovey (Dyfie) estuary BIG tide really spectacular. The moon on the water made it look like a sheet of glass about a mile wide. Plenty of teal, mallard and Canada geese about, unfortunately no clouds to silhouette them against so I came home with nothing for the pot.

I was surprise how warm I stayed in only a snugpak and paramo shirt in a grass lined hollow, although it did drop cold just before first light but the heat of the early sun on Saturday morning soon chased that away.

Scuba Pete

Forager
Nov 3, 2005
Glasgow
I was out sat and sun night. We had a fri/mon holiday up here. It was good fun, although it rained all of sunday, very muddy. I am glad I took my insect netting, there seemed to be millions of insects about.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE