Anyone near Peterborough?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

kINGPIN

Nomad
Dec 14, 2009
Cambridgeshire UK
I have never sought permission as I am very descreet. Set up late, leave early and without a trace and you cannot go far wrong. I have my eye on a little place up your neck of the woods, I'll let you know how it goes if I make it up there.

Feb 27, 2008
Cambridge
I had an over nighter back in july in a large and important wood. Saw plenty of wildlife like glowworms, deer and hare.

I would much prefer to have permission though as it bugs me worrying about being caught. So would be happy to pay/labour for a few nights out with bushcraft included.

I am now looking into buying a wood but round this way its seriously over priced.

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
I had an over nighter back in july in a large and important wood. Saw plenty of wildlife like glowworms, deer and hare.

I would much prefer to have permission though as it bugs me worrying about being caught. So would be happy to pay/labour for a few nights out with bushcraft included.

I am now looking into buying a wood but round this way its seriously over priced.

Best I've seen is £5000 per acre at Thetford. Same price for a grass field:eek:

craeg

Native
May 11, 2008
New Marske, North Yorkshire
Hi Guys

I am in the huntingdon area and enjoy bushcraft. I went to the Bushmoot 08 with my son who is now 15 and enjoyed it immensely. I would like to get involved in this neck of the woods so keep me posted if you plan anything. I am fairly new to 'bushcraft' but have enjoyed the outdoors since I was a lad and am fairly aware of how to do a few things ;)

Cheers
Craeg

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
Hi Kev,

Tell me have you found anywhere to go out and try you interest in bushcraft. I am also new to the game but willing to have a mooch around with you to find somewhere to camp out.:)

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Is there nothing in Peterborough? Thorpe Woods seem quite big and they've planted all that new wood near the dump which is well established now. Can you still get in Helpston woods?
The reserves at March don't allow camping but are good for a day out

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE