Anyone know where to find Chaga Tinda Fungus?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
The area where the photo was taken it's all bog and Birch. Plenty of polypore and horse hoof with some oysters thrown in for good measure. The area is sinking back into the bog.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I know ecologists who reckon that the ultimate outcome is a world blanket of peat bog :D
Even the tops of the hills can end up with it, and it's from here to Africa. They reckon if they stop goats grazing then the world would be a very different place. No sahara to the extent that it is, for instance.

cheers,
M

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Cynical or facetious ?

Humans are the ultimate predator on this planet.....right now that is :) and it's our exploitation of the resources of the planet that has us enjoying both the advances we have, as well as the unhappy realisation that we're the reason for the extinction of more species than almost any other cause in the planet's history :(

Toddy

Cynical or facetious ?

Humans are the ultimate predator on this planet.....right now that is :) and it's our exploitation of the resources of the planet that has us enjoying both the advances we have, as well as the unhappy realisation that we're the reason for the extinction of more species than almost any other cause in the planet's history :(

Toddy

I am fully aware of what Humans are I’ve spent my whole life being one. I don’t condemn us as a species for what we all are doing to the planet, but believe that given enough time we will evolve. One thing is for sure, though, we are all guilty, without exception, of the destruction that is being caused.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Hey, chill :)

You're in business, no one's said a word agin that. Just because we're not going to give you the fungus or it's locations, or help you source it from the UK, doesn't deserve your attitude.

End of the tale; chaga is rare in the UK, it's not elsewhere. It's actively farmed in Russia, etc., for tea.
It's cheap to source from abroad.

Up to you how you acquire it, but don't niggle us over our response to your choices.

Toddy

Hey, chill :)

You're in business, no one's said a word agin that. Just because we're not going to give you the fungus or it's locations, or help you source it from the UK, doesn't deserve your attitude.

End of the tale; chaga is rare in the UK, it's not elsewhere. It's actively farmed in Russia, etc., for tea.
It's cheap to source from abroad.

Up to you how you acquire it, but don't niggle us over our response to your choices.

Toddy

I’m a little taken aback by your posting, and I most humbly apologise if I’ve cause you consternation.:sad6: I genuinely believed that we were ALL having a good old natter, many opinions, all genuinely interesting. As for my part, although I’m a passionate personality and love a good debate, I have never taken offence, nor shall ever take offence, at anything anyone has said, and up until now did not realise that what I have said was anything but genuine communication with other like minded people who on occasions have differing opinions about the world. I have only ever tried to state my case, when I believed that it was being wrongfully interpreted.:confused:

I certainly don’t give a rats petootie if you know where Chaga is hidden and that no one has come rushing to me offering it for sale ... like I already said I have more than enough to last a lifetime. If I wanted some more Chaga that much, I would not hesitate to pull out a 1:25,000 map and go for a couple of weeks on holiday, visit woodlands up in Scotland. I also have several friends up there who, like me, are happy to spend a few weeks just wondering around finding what can be found.

If anything, and I do hope that I will not cause you offence by saying this, but I have felt that you where the one who was a little prickly, certainly from my point of view some of your comments seem to verge on being a little … curt, and I have done my best to get you beyond it … I am a friendly person, just ask my friends!:)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
You really are a salesman, aren't you ? :D

Me ? I'm the little chilled out mod, takes a fair bit to antagonise me, so if I commented...........hmmmmm.
Honestly, you can ask my friends......lots of them :eek: :D

However, on the chaga front, how do some of the punks (as in rotted timber) compare ? is there a specific type, from a particular tree that's more effective than the others ? and does the ritual dowsing with nighttime piddling actually help develop a natural saltpetre within it ?

cheers,
Toddy

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
If I wanted some more Chaga that much, I would not hesitate to pull out a 1:25,000 map and go for a couple of weeks on holiday, visit woodlands up in Scotland. I also have several friends up there who, like me, are happy to spend a few weeks just wondering around finding what can be found. Quote

Really, with that attitude I really dont think I would want to do business with you, shocking.

If I wanted some more Chaga that much, I would not hesitate to pull out a 1:25,000 map and go for a couple of weeks on holiday, visit woodlands up in Scotland. I also have several friends up there who, like me, are happy to spend a few weeks just wondering around finding what can be found. Quote

Really, with that attitude I really dont think I would want to do business with you, shocking.

Oh my word, you really are taking things out of context here and blowing this out of all proportion. All I was saying was that I'm not in the least bit anxious about getting some Chaga. If I was I certainly wouldn’t develop an attitude when I am well capable of obtaining it for myself if I so wished. My whole response was to Toddys statement ‘…Just because we're not going to give you the fungus or it's locations, or help you source it from the UK, doesn't deserve your attitude…’ which, to me was somewhat of a curt, unnecessary and untrue statement of response. I don’t know why anyone would draw any such conclusion from whatever I have written, when it could not have been further from my mind. I still don’t understand why my asking a simple question about sourcing Chaga should result in such frustrated responses.

As for this being a shocking attitude, that is a matter of opinion and largely depends of which side of the fence you are looking from, since I was only attempting to offer an explanation to what I felt was an incorrect appraisal of my perceived and alleged attitude and not attempting an insult, I also think that your response was also uncalled for, but we all have our own opinions.

Putting all of this aside I did not originally start this thread to have a slanging match with anyone … so as a gesture of goodwill, I will make no further responses about any perceived or alleged attitude you may think that I have. I may not agree with what you say, but I will fight for your right to say it, I therefore take my bow and let you have the final word – if you so wish it.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Hmmmm final word ? I doubt it :)

Mine however is that I stand by what I said.

I think this thread has run it's course tbh.
However, in all fairness, since I have been involved in it from the start, I'll ask another Mod to have a look through and decide.

cheers,
Toddy

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Playing devils advocate it does read to me like the Bcuk regulars are ganging up on "shark" a little, which in turn has made him get defensive - exacerbating the situation. 6 of one, half a dozen of the other.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Ho ho!no it doesn't

(I see your twins and raise you a wife who is an ex Copper, Dental practise management, trying to justify spends on kit, then if lost trying to sneak said kit into daily life just does happen with out a "what's this?" "um.......its my OLD penknife" "didn't you show me this on the Woodlore site?" "um.........yes" "so is it old or new?" "um.........nice handbags you have there" "yes they are........nice penknife":) type conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE