Anyone know anything about 4x4s.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
I need to buy meself another mota soon as my old Reno runabout is going to need some spending on it if its to pass its next mot.Ive allways fancied a 4x4 since me dad had a couple Landrovers when i was a little lad.What do you blokes think of the the Shogun and Pajero imports ect.Any advice would be most appreciated.Thanks.

Paganwolf

Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
WHAT!! Sho what Paj who? :shock: Its gotta be a landy matie! Dads know best :naughty: Ive got a Freelander Sport and a S111 109 ex-MOD 2 1/4 petrol Landy the S111 the best thing since sliced bread IMO id never part with her Im thinking of being buryed in it :shock: :rolmao:

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
I like the Landrover especially the Defender do not get me wrong, but iam on a limited budget and what ever i get has to be a dailey driver and needs to be reliable and comfortable plus i do not think my girl would be too pleased with a truck/Defender as much as i like em..

Paganwolf

Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
The S111 i have i often use for work, but you either love them or you REALLY hate them..i love them, theres a couple of big landrover shows on next year, if you can wait that long id say go to them and try some...they're an aquired taste :wink: Parts and servicing are very inexpencive, pannels are bolt on check the shassis and the bulk head as they tend to be the bits that rot.

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
CLEM said:
I like the Landrover especially the Defender do not get me wrong, but iam on a limited budget and what ever i get has to be a dailey driver and needs to be reliable and comfortable plus i do not think my girl would be too pleased with a truck/Defender as much as i like em..
Get a Defender. The TD5 models are quite comfy, sort off. Landrovers are the only choice. As for your girl, there are plenty of other women who like Defenders :eek:):

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
MagiKelly said:
Get a Defender. The TD5 models are quite comfy, sort off. Landrovers are the only choice. As for your girl, there are plenty of other women who like Defenders :eek:):
I really like the Defender they just look right,there the ultimate off road tool and i just plain like em,but not that great so iam told over a big distance.And to be fair to my girl there ain't many slim good lookin girls sporting a pair of 32EEs who like house work,cooking,a pint in the local can hold a decent conversation,and like big ruff lookin bums with no money like me good self.
:wink:

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
CLEM said:
I really like the Defender they just look right,there the ultimate off road tool and i just plain like em,but not that great so iam told over a big distance.
Define big distance. My work is 25 miles away, so I am doing at least 50 miles a day and given it is rush hour I am spending just under two hours in the car most days. Add in site visits and social use and my yearly milage is about 25000 miles. I am 6 foot 3 inches tall, way taller than the diver area of a Defender is designed for and I have just got my 2003 TD5 110 CSW to replace my previous TD5 110 CSW. Want to guess what my next car will be.

If you are going to use it over long distances I have two recomendations. First get sound insulation fitted, it makes a HUGE differance and secondly get a CD stack unit fitted. After that just drive.

There are many good things about the Landrover but the real clincher is that even the most mundane journey feels like an adventure.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
If ya want reliability and good value then japanese is the only way to go...

We have a Mitsubishi Delica 2.5 turbo diesel 4wd Old shape (autotrader between £1000 and £4000)

cheff%20delica.jpg

They are the mutts nuts and the inside converts to a comfy bed....

delica.jpg

This is the newer shape 1994 onwards (cost about £7000)
PB230209.JPG

Ours came with suede seats, built in fridge, aircon front & rear, altimeter, inclinometer, all for £3300 (try getting a landrover with a floor in it for that price, we couldn't)

If ya want a landy for less than 5K you'll be looking at something like this..
116_1698_IMG.sized.jpg

EdS

If you cann't afford/want a Landy check out Suzukis.

Cheap, easily to mod (relatively) and if you exclude Lada Niva they are the best off roaders £ for £. Much better than Shoguns etc.. AAARRGGGG I a land owner I can believe I just said buy a Zuk.

Got friend withs lada and Vitara for sale.

For more info & friendly addvice check out:

http://rs1.difflock.com/cgi-bin/discus/discus.cgi

MartiniDave

Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
Early Disco's are going for as little as £1200, that's a lot of car for the money as long as you know what you're looking at, or get someone who really knows their stuff to look it over for you.

Discovery will do most things a Defender will do, and are a better car on road.
Not quite as easy to modify, but more stuff is becoming available. Parts are cheaper than for jap 4x4's too if you shop around.

Dave

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
I've always loved Landrovers....defenders, disco's and range rovers.....BUT:

I'm with MadDave for reliability of the Jap 4x4's......watch the news any night of the week and you'll see the old Nissan and Toyota 4x4 pickups going anywhere and everywhere (usually with AK festooned men packed into the back)....
If you go out to Oz too you'll see plently of them for outback trips!

I'm NOT dissing the landrover, I still LOVE them but I'm just not as blinkered as I was.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE