Anyone here sampled my mead?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Just wondered as I have just been tidying up one of the barns....In the corner I found a dusty box of miscellaneous bottles.....

Amongst some home made wine that was a bit average and so got tucked away to see if it would mature into something better was a bottle of "Wild Hunt" (the best monster red I ever made)...from 2005. If that has got better over time it should be something special!

Oh yeah...and two bottles of the 2006 ( :eek:) dry spiced mead.

I wonder how well its aged? I don't recall a batch making it past the four year mark before.

Six year aged, hand made mead made from a high chalk beehive. Wonder what I should do with it?

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
:)

Only the two bottles of this....I gave away a lot of that batch after about four years...just can't remember who to!

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I've got a bottle of Lindisfarne mead that's over 30 years old - it's matured very nicely - almost like a brandy!

Simon H

Nomad
Feb 20, 2008
The Ashdown Forest
I partook of your mead about 6 years ago at a meet Red. Can't tell you too much about it though, apart from the fact it got me drunk, as we'd passed round just about every type of booze that night! It was a good evening though...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE