Anyone have an alternative to Gearpods?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

VFR800Essex

Tenderfoot
Feb 28, 2012
Essex UK
Been looking at these.

Pretty pricey for what they are. Has anyone got an alternative that is cheaper?

I'm after storage of things like tea, coffee, powdered milk etc etc.

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Poundland has these...

snackstacker.jpg

set of 3 and a lid for a quid.

each pot holds 150ml / 5fl.oz

I think they do them in other colours.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Pretty much any screw thread plastic tub or bottle will do. I use (clean) urine sample containers for my day pack (seriously - ask your quack for a few)

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
They seem to be watertight, though they're the sort of thing I would use only for dry goods. No idea on other colours. I'll have a look if I remember when I'm next in town.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Leather pouches lined with poly bags ....
I know where you can get bargain sets of pouches ... and they come in brown or black - not neon pink!

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
I use zip lock bags too. I Get heavy duty ones for free from work. Great to stick your rubbish in to take home again after a day out too.

Graveworm

Life Member
Sep 2, 2011
London UK
They are a bit pricey and I didn't really find that much of a use for the pots/tubes BUT I can vouch for their customer service, after a lot of searching I bought one of the sleeves as part of trial. I only really needed the sleeve (For a D sized O2 tank) and a tube to protect the mask. I ordered a couple for size direct from Gearpods in the US, when they arrived there were a load more tubes etc in the parcel together with a handwritten note saying that I hadn't really ordered enough to make the best use of the sleeve so they had thrown in extras to fill it out, which struck me as nice. As it happens we went on to order loads because they are ideal for the job, but they were not to know.

NS40

Nomad
Nov 20, 2011
Scotland
I use (clean) urine sample containers for my day pack (seriously - ask your quack for a few)

So it's not just me that does this...just wait till I tell my wife. I may be weird but at least I'm not alone :lmao:

I use the sample bottles filled with coffee, sugar & powdered milk inside my Swedish Army Trangia. If I'm travelling light and just using my Crusader set though I tend to take the coffee sachets which already have powdered milk/sugar as part of the mix.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE