Anyone else seen a blonde fox ?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I meant to post this earlier but it just came to mind as I blethered to HWMBLT.

I put the bin out just after 1am this morning, turned around and did the same for my elderly neighbour and realised that what I had seen and thought to be a large pale cat sitting beside one of the cars on the street was actually a fox! It moved just as I turned around and was unmistakable in profile as it trotted down the street; bushy tail held at the right angle, nose sharp and out ahead, darker paws and tail and it was blonde. Not white, not albino, but blonde.

And there was me with sommat interesting to share and not only a household fast asleep but an entire street too :rolleyes:

Anyone else seen a blonde one ?

cheers,
M

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
:rolleyes:

Definitely a fox, middling sized, looked fit and nimble, trotted easily, looked at peace with the world, iimmc.

cheers,
M

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Yep I've seen some - and some nearly black for that matter too. Just variations in colour genes like black squiggels. Most of the ones I have seen have certainly been at peace ;)

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
I've handled one that was very blonde........a vixen. A long time.ago. not seen one since., though I've met a few silvers. Good for you Mary.

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
I have seen one standing up on it's hind legs eating blackberries whilst out taking rabbits, I left her to it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE