Anyone else enjoying the glorious weather?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Beautiful here, lovely day, barbecue two nights running for me!!! Is anyone else enjoying the unusually nice weather?

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Haha sam I'm cowering in the shade too, I burn something shocking! It's not working weather, but it's nice to have a relax in after I've finished bouts of revision for exams...;)

That's a shame too Jonathan, I'll be in later on though, homework to do!

:)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I cut the Uncle's hedge this morning. I did put on the sunblock, but I'm a mess, sunburnt :sigh: and headachey.
I'm home, I've got a mug of tea, my back garden is half in the shade under the trees, I'm going to just potter around in it and enjoy the rest of the day in peace and quiet :D

I read not so long ago that the natives of Great Britain and Ireland and associated northern islands, have actually evolved to thrive in the low VitaminD levels available to those who live under cloudy skies.
No wonder we suffer in the sunshine, lovely though it may be. Sunshine hurts :( and I'm covered in freckles again :eek:
It's dry and warm here though :D

Hope you're on the mend, asap, Mike.

atb,
M

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
No here as well. I'm ill with heavy cold and a gout attack at the same time. And if I hadn't ben ill, I would have been in work. :(

Hope you get well soon!

Yeah Toddy, it certainly hurts, when I was about 14 I got sunstroke and have had it twice it isn't half nasty, France in July is something else though - never been that hot in my life! :)

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
The hotter the better for me. Just as well really, considering I spend a load of time in arid desert environments.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Lots of lizards basking in the local woods on a walk yesterday. Tons of butterflies today and the Roses are all out on the cycle path. The fragrance is almost overpowering.

Bliss.

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Lots of lizards basking in the local woods on a walk yesterday. Tons of butterflies today and the Roses are all out on the cycle path. The fragrance is almost overpowering.

Bliss.

Sounds great! I've never seen a lizard before, although I did used to catch grasshoppers when I was little :cool:

cranmere

Settler
Mar 7, 2014
Somerset, England
I've been gardening, with the result that I now have some nice pieces of wood to try carving. There is a chunky piece of maple, a long ash staff (just for once I'm not complaining about the self-seeded ash tree) and some hornbeam.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Just did best part of 4 hrs in the garden, weeding the bere patch and the lads Anglo Saxon veg and herbs, then watering them with a hose pipe we've had for ten years and not got round to using before now. Strange how the lads objected to the digging and what not but as soon as the hose came out they all wanted to have a go. Being a slow moving target I got the wettest of course.

I've even caught the sun a bit so don't look so much lie a creature of the night.

Now to shower, eat and settle down finishing sewing the uppers to the soles of the second of a pair of turn shoes. Then iron 15 sets of school uniforms. Been too nice to be in. I even dug out a 14" clay and put a couple of bowls of half Gaworths black cherry and half American cherry through it, first smoke since last summer.

ATB

tom

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
I've been gardening, with the result that I now have some nice pieces of wood to try carving. There is a chunky piece of maple, a long ash staff (just for once I'm not complaining about the self-seeded ash tree) and some hornbeam.

Ooh lovely! Never carved maple before, sounds great!

Not over this weekend but will be enjoying it in couple of days as well as weekend as I'm hoping to go for a wander/camp in Yorkshire Dales if things go well :)

Nice one mate! I might be popping out for a night or two in the next few weeks! :)

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Just did best part of 4 hrs in the garden, weeding the bere patch and the lads Anglo Saxon veg and herbs, then watering them with a hose pipe we've had for ten years and not got round to using before now. Strange how the lads objected to the digging and what not but as soon as the hose came out they all wanted to have a go. Being a slow moving target I got the wettest of course.

I've even caught the sun a bit so don't look so much lie a creature of the night.

Now to shower, eat and settle down finishing sewing the uppers to the soles of the second of a pair of turn shoes. Then iron 15 sets of school uniforms. Been too nice to be in. I even dug out a 14" clay and put a couple of bowls of half Gaworths black cherry and half American cherry through it, first smoke since last summer.

ATB

tom

Good stuff! Turn shoes sound cracking mate! :)

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
I made them plenty big enough this time so if they shrink (on my feet this time) it won't be the end of the world. Ill soak and turn them when they are both done. The goat skin lining came from a very kind member of this parish, she knows who she is :D

imagejpg1_zpsa28e914c.jpg

Im stitching them with really thick 1mm linen thread I'm waxing.

atb
Tom

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE